KinqBleachXIII
retroz

Colin Kapernick rejecting the US anthem

KinqBleachXIII has forfeited round #2.
Started: 8/30/2016 Category: News

KinqBleachXIII

Pro

Honestly, I agree that this way was the best way to approach standing up for black rights. Would you have rather had him burn the flag or attack someone in the name of black rights? With this way of not standing up during the anthem he made his point without causing any physical harm to anyone.
retroz

Con

My opponent has not offered a resolution but my opponent has offered a topic "Colin Kapernick rejecting the US anthem"

So, using that topic I will make a formal resolution "Colin Kapernick's rejection of the US anthem was the proper decision"(notice how I didn't change any part of the topic)

My opponent has not offered definitions, so I will define terms

Reject: “to treat someone in a way that shows you do not feel affection for that person” [1]

US Anthem: The national anthem of the United States of America, more specifically, “The Star Spangled Banner

So, now that we have a resolution written I will post my argument...

Contention 1: “Colin Kapernick” didn't reject the US anthem

Point 1: There is no proof of Colin Kapernick rejecting the US anthem

There is no proof of Colin Kapernick” rejecting the US anthem... However, there is proof of a man named Colin Kaepernick” [2] rejecting the US National Anthem, thus because there is no man named “Colin Kapernick” rejecting the US National Anthem, Pro has lost this debate. Pro cannot attempt to argue the resolution unless pro offers an example of a man named "Colin Kapernick" rejecting the US National Anthem. Thus based on this contention alone judges must vote con.

Point 2: You can’t reject the US National Anthem because it is inanimate

Using my definition of reject, which is the only definition posited in this debate, it would be impossible to reject the US National Anthem because it does not give nor receive love. The US National Anthem has no emotions because it is inanimate. Thus “Colin Kapernick” and “Colin Kaepernick” didn’t reject the US National Anthem.

Refutations:

Because my opponent only uses pronouns throughout his argument I must assume that my opponent is referencing the only name mentioned in his argument “Colin Kapernick”, so my opponent’s argument is invalid

[1] http://dictionary.cambridge.org...

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org...

Posted by AlexJan 5 months ago
AlexJan
My friends, this is my first visit here, but I must say that your site is amazing. It is very unusual, and I am sure that your idea of discussing some problems or questions is very good. Professionals like me like to read such type of posts. I am hoping the same best work form you in future. Do not hesitate to use www.custom-paper-writing.org to check all your posts and be sure in their brilliant quality.
Posted by ILikePie5 5 months ago
ILikePie5
Kritik OP