nbefumo
ShrawderA

College Textbooks Are Way Too Expensive

nbefumo

Pro

I think that textbooks are way too expensive in College. You are paying thousands of dollars a semester to attend the College/ University and then on top of that you have to pay hundreds for the required text.
ShrawderA

Con

I would like to begin by stating that this topic is completely opinionated, and thus it must be debated in a subjective manner, as opposed to objective.

On to the case for textbook prices:
1. Manufacturers need to make money, otherwise there would be nobody to write, edit, or produce them.

2. Students need to know the value of things. If for no other purpose, having expensive books will make students take care of them. The value in this is that students realize WHAT they are spending all of that money on: education. Something well worth the price.

3. The point introduced by the pro side in round 1 is a fallacy. The price of books is not tied to the tuition fees. The costs are introduced by third-party book sellers, and cannot be seen as an attachment to the what the college is bringing in, especially since the best book prices are not found in the campus book sellers. That would be like buying a house, and complaining that you have to pay for furniture on top of the mortgage.

I close, and thank the pro side for introducing the debate.
nbefumo

Pro

nbefumo forfeited this round.
ShrawderA

Con

Seeing that the Pro has not submitted his argument for this round, I will use this round to add a piece evidence.

http://www.cracked.com...

I hope the pro side returns in the next round, otherwise, I thank him for this debate.
nbefumo

Pro

nbefumo forfeited this round.
ShrawderA

Con

Please vote Con. Even if my arguments have not changed anyone's opinions, at least I participated.
Posted by Zealous1 6 years ago
Zealous1
Lol, have a fun time on con here.
Posted by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
"The voting period will last 3 days."

I highly recommend increasing this.