Stevenvelez93
mz_loomit

College should be entirely government funded.

Stevenvelez93

Pro

College's should be entirely government funded. The reason behind this is that a lot of people in the United States can't afford to go to college. Most universities have a tuition that would put most students in a lot of debt after they graduate. Not being able to go to college not only effects the person immediately but their whole life. If everyone was able to go to college the crime rate would decrease because of the fact that people will be involved in their courses and not in the streets.
mz_loomit

Con

I understand the crime rate issue but you have to take into account that many students who currently receive financial aid only show up to get their book checks at the beginning of the semester and during the middle. Not everyone is cut out for school. Some students are in debt sometimes not cause they wanted to go to college but had no choice but because their relatives wanted them to go.
Stevenvelez93

Pro

The only issue with people being forced to go to school is that if they really didn't want to go than they've wasted thousands of dollars. But if the government funded colleges than students that never wanted to go and drop out lose nothing. College's should be funded by the government the same reason high schools are, they're now an essential part of our society, without a college degree it will be very difficult for anyone to get a decent job.
mz_loomit

Con

Funding a student's education can cause a student to stress out when it comes to grades. Speaking as a student who receives financial aid I am constantly stressed out when i get the outcome of my grades during the semester. I never know if I will pass the class or not. Finaical Aid has always given me a problem when it comes to receiving my grants. I always have to fill out papers which stress me out even more. I think the government should fund programs for students who need help not financialy
Stevenvelez93

Pro

If the government funded colleges you wouldn't have to worry about financial aid or filling out papers. It would be the way high schools are funded. If the government decides to start funding colleges than the number of students attending college would increase. Meaning that the education level of our country as a whole would also increase. Their would be no reason for anyone to skip out on college.
mz_loomit

Con

But being that more students will attend that would create a overcrowed population. I feel that paying your own college tutition gives you the ease that you made it on your own and didnt depend on anyone. In HS I slacked off because I didnt have to pay. Sometimes I do slack off. Being able to pay your own tutition gives you a sense of responsibilty for the whats to come after graduating.