Liberals
Texas14

Colorado (Pro) Vs. Texas (Con)

Liberals

Liberals

Pro

First round is acceptance. I will be arguing Colorado is a better state than Texas. My opponet will be arguing otherwise.
Texas14

Con

I accept. I look forward to your arguments.
Liberals

Pro

First,

Colorado ranks 2nd best in emotional and physical well being, 10th best in Community, Envroment, and recreational activities, Colorado is the 3rd best state in avoiding inadequate sleep, has the third highest sports participation rate, and it is the second healthiest state.

Texas ranks 30th in emotional and well being, 22nd in community, Enviroment, and recreational activities, and is the 5th most dangerous state (Colorado is the 25th). [http://wallethub.com...]

and despite Texas being 7th in employment (vs Colorado being 9th) Texas has the most amount of workers at or below minimum wage (400,000) vs colorado's 39,000 [http://www.governing.com...]

2nd, Denver is an a great city. It's a Beta World City with a population of only 650,000, (Houston is too, however Houston has a population of 2.19 million). So it feels like really big city like New York or LA. But without all the traffic or congestion. Denver, not mention ther rest of Colorado, has a rapidly growing economy. Denver also has plenty of great resturants, great people, a booming comedy scene, and all of the amenities a big city can offer. And if the big city life isn't for you, not too far away lies a mountain paradise. It's absolutley beautiful and there's plenty of history to discover, charming towns to visit, and plenty of beauty to be found in all seasons. Not to mention skiing and snowboarding, but everyone knows about that.

Check out this website too: [http://www.mymovingreviews.com...]

And my opponent has to admit that Fort Collins is actually a pretty cool place.
Texas14

Con

I agree with my opponent on the opinion that Colorado is an amazing state. I live there myself and I'm very happy there. However, my opponent seems to be making some criticisms about my home state of Texas using just numbers. Now, when we debate whether or not one state is better than another, numbers cannot be our only tool. We have to dig a little deeper.

I'll start off with some problems I have with Colorado. In Texas and in the south in general, people don't really care where you're from and don't criticize you if you're from a state which has ideals opposite from theirs. For example, people often ask me about Texas, but they do it in a baiting and critical way. I have an impulse to shake it off and just complement Texas, but the problem is, if I were to criticize Colorado in the same way that they do Texas, they would be much more defensive and it would result in a nasty argument. What am I getting at? People in Texas are genuinely more accepting of different state cultures than people are in Colorado. I base this off personal experience.

Now I'll talk about how great Texas is. Texas is a state which the rest of the country depends on and while it is constantly criticized by the rest of the country and the left, is the nation's most underrated state. Texas provides more energy than any other state. Texas is well known for oil and other fossil fuels, but also thrives in the wind industry, so environmentalists can love the Lone Star too. Unlike many states, Texas has figured out how to make their people free from the useless burden of the income tax. As far as the media, Texas is home to Chuck Norris, Willie Nelson, Beyonc", and the state has four major cities that are popular destinations for music artists. One of the best things about Texas is the history. Everything from brave patriots like Sam Houston, Stephen F. Austin, and Davy Crockett to the six countries that have occupied Texas is truly fascinating. Of course, the absolute best thing about Texas is the people you meet in every corner of the state that want nothing from you and will do anything they can to help you.

Colorado's a great state, and I love living there, but it just is missing so much of the greatness that Texas has to offer.
Liberals

Pro

Liberals forfeited this round.
Texas14

Con

I extend.
Liberals

Pro

Liberals forfeited this round.
Texas14

Con

I extend.
Liberals

Pro

Liberals forfeited this round.
Texas14

Con

I extend. Vote con.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 2 years ago
tajshar2k
LiberalsTexas14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Even though Pro forfeited, I have to give arguments to Pro, because he actually provided statistics that showed how Colorado is better than Texas. Con's argument generally was based on his opinion, and he didn't provide sources.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
LiberalsTexas14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
LiberalsTexas14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Honestly, neither of the debaters was particularly convincing. I don't feel either of you made much of any effort to weigh the importance of your arguments against your opponent's. So you're forcing me to do that for you. Simply stating that numbers along aren't good enough isn't an argument - it's an assertion, just as all of Con's case is assertions. I don't see any sourcing for the arguments he does provide, and much of it is anecdotal. Pro's case presents a wide array of unbiased data that show objective reasons to favor his state, and while many or even all of these could have been outweighed, that required the requisite sources and analysis that Con failed to include. Sources go to Pro as he was the only one to provide them. Conduct goes to Con for the forfeits.
Vote Placed by Hunts 2 years ago
Hunts
LiberalsTexas14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's FF did not help him in my voting. Con made some compelling arguments, and that is why I voted the way I did. However Con did not use sources like Pro, which is why I gave that point to pro.