Venusara
Jifpop09

Colorado is better than Michigan

Venusara

Pro

Colorado is better than Michigan

First round is acceptance.

Pictures are encouraged.
Jifpop09

Con

I accept, but to further clarify the premise, I will assume I will be debating that Michigan is net better then Colorado. I welcome my opponent to her first debate, and may we bring new light to our states.

Here is a map of Michigan
------------------------------

Venusara

Pro

Thank you for the kind welcome to the debate section of this site Jif :)

Here is a map of my state so that we are all on the same page:

Ooooohhh, dinosaur in the upper left-hand corner, doesn't get much cooler than that.

The following are some of my states' attributes and reasons that Colorado is better than Michigan.

1) Climate

The weather in Colorado is AMAZING. Because of the unique geography of the state, we have more days of bright blue skies and sunshine than even Miami or San Diego. If grey skies and gloom are your thing, go live in Michigan, but I'll tell you what, I lived in relatively nearby Minneapolis for a year in 2007 and all that heaviness made me seriously depressed. Studies show that bad/gloomy weather does generally lead to increased crime and suicide.

http://bjc.oxfordjournals.org...

If Minnesota winters are in any way similar to Michigan winters, then I can say first hand that it is the kind of cold that punches you in the gut when you walk out the door and hurts your lungs when you try to breathe. The difference is the humidity, it never, EVER gets that viciously cold here in Colorado.

We do experience all four seasons though. As a snowboarding enthusiast, I can vouch that our mountains have some of the best snow in the nation in the winter time. The spring is filled with wildflowers and the summers average a perfect and non-humid 80 degrees fahrenheit. The fall is the best time of all for trekking into the mountains, the Aspen trees turn the most majestic colors.

Winter:

Spring:

Summer:

Fall:

2)Natural Beauty and Activities

Although I am a bit envious of Michigan's proximity to the Great Lakes and all that they have to offer, I do think that Colorado is a hundred times more diverse geographically. We have the best skiing and boarding in the country, no contest, due to the gorgeous stretch of Rocky Mountains that lie in our state. This is the reason that celebrities and those with the most money in the world choose to own vacation homes here; people like Jerry Seinfeld, Ralph Lauren, Kelsey Grammar, Kevin Costner, Charlie Sheen, and Tom Cruise. Also, the show South Park is based in Colorado and it's pretty hilarious.

It does tend to be dry here, but we also have lots of water if you seek it. If you haven't been white-water rafting on the Colorado river then you haven't been living, I personally prefer only class 5, the wilder and crazier, the better! Here is a pic of me getting launch from the raft:

j/k, that's not me, it's obviously a man, I only wish it was me because hahahahaaaa :)

Here's a pic of the Pueblo Riverwalk, I go to this city every September for the annual Chile and Frijoles festival to buy freshly grown and roasted green chilies that I freeze and use to cook with for the rest of the year , let's talk about yuuuuuum!

We also have the best natural outdoor amphitheater on the face of the planet, it's called Red Rocks and musicians call it out all the time as being one of the most gorgeous and pleasant concert venues. I personally have seen some amazing, amazing shows here:

3) Culture

In many of the older, eastern U.S. cities, you will see more of a divide between the races, aka a "black" neighborhood, a "hispanic" neighborhood, etc. Those types of things are honestly not as prevalent here in Colorado. Looking at census records regarding racial diversity in neighborhoods, Colorado is pretty much as intermingled as it comes. Here's a link to some of Jif's statesmen agreeing with what I've just laid out:

http://www.city-data.com...

If you're into beer and wine, we have some of the best in the nation, rivaled only by California. When I lived in the twin cities I had a heck of a time finding something decent to drink on the weekend. I now understand why so many Europeans complain about American beer being totally tasteless and horrible. It IS in a large portion of the country, good Colorado stuff is not available.

Lastly, we have NORAD which is a military base inside of Cheyenne mountain equipped with everything necessary to ensure the survival of humanity in the case of another world war or a zombie apocalypse. I can see NORAD from my very window this minute so if stuff hits the fan guess who's getting saved, >this girl< lmao (here's to hoping that they let me in hahaha). This last paragraph is in jest.:P

NORAD:

I think I'm missing more opportunities here to boast about the greatness of my state, but I'm going to turn it over to Jif at this point and maybe get inspired for round three.

Jifpop09

Con

Jifpop09 forfeited this round.
Venusara

Pro

Venusara forfeited this round.
Jifpop09

Con

Me and my opponent have agreed to tie this debate. Please do not vote.
Venusara

Pro

Venusara forfeited this round.
Jifpop09

Con

Jifpop09 forfeited this round.