yay842
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Come up with smart answers.

SPENCERJOYAGE14

yay842

Pro

We'll each take turns asking a question. Then we answer that question while trying to sound like a genius. Then ask a question and so on. I give credit to funwiththoughts because he inspired me to do this based on his debates of "Come up with funny answers."

1. Why did the chicken cross the road?
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

The chicken crossed the road on account of the bombers on the other side, it’s obvious that the chicken did not want to be viciously butchered or massacred by the bombers and that is why the chicken fled the scene by attempting a haphazard filled journey across the busy road.

If Benny is cute but Larry is ugly and unpleasant why did Kay-Anne kiss Larry in 1st grade?
yay842

Pro

Well, there are many characteristics that Larry might had that Benny didn't have that caused Kay-Anne to kiss Larry instead of Benny. Larry could have bribed Kay-Anne into kissing him. He could also have the higher intelligence and convinced Kay-Anne that she should kiss him. Another option would be that Larry used force to force Kay-Anne to kiss him by grabbing her and pulling her towards him. Also, Kay-Anne can also be more attracted to ugly guys and, therefore, kissed Larry. Another reason is that Kay-Anne lost a bet and had to kiss Larry. The reasons are endless.

2. What is g?
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

G is seventh out of twenty-six letters in the English language"s alphabet. If you are asking about the definition of "G" from the Latin alphabet then it would be the seventh out of twenty-five letters because the Latin alphabet does not contain the letter "W." If you are wanting to see the Majuscule form of the letter "G" it would be "G" but if you would like to see the Minuscule form of "G" it would be "g." Typographic variants include a double-story and single-story "G" the double-story "G" happens to look like "g" and the single story "G" looks like "g." Because of the letter "G" we have over 5,722 words that start with "G" alone. Because of the letter "G" the possibilities in speech are endless.
yay842

Pro

You forgot to ask a question last round. Answer the last question, then ask a new one in the same round.

3. Which has more mass, a pound of bricks or a pound of feathers?
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

It depends upon your assumption. The main point most people would miss is that a pound is a unit of mass, not weight; weight is the gravitational force that acts on some object. Anyhow, depending upon your assumption, you can
conclude various concepts:

1. The bricks are on moon and the feathers are on Earth. Since the gravitational pull of Moon is less than it is on Earth, the bricks will weigh not as much therefor the pound of feathers weigh more.

2. Both are on Earth and in a vacuum. In this case, both the bricks and the feathers will weigh same (assuming there is a uniform gravitational field).

3. The bricks are the feathers are in your home. This is the most practical scenario and in this case the bricks will actually weigh more. This is because while earth's downward pull will be the same on both objects, there is an upward force due to buoyancy
of air. Now buoyancy increases with displaced fluid (in this case, air); i.e., with volume. Since 1lb of feathers have a much larger volume that the brick, the buoyant force on the feathers will be much more and thus the feathers will weigh less.

2. If you can lead a horse to water, must your pencil always be led?

3. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

yay842

Pro

First of all, nice catch; I thought you wouldn't pick that up.

2. If you can lead a horse to water, must your pencils always be led?
My pencils don't always need to be led. They can be led, but they don't always have to be. I can lead my pencils to a pencil sharpener, or any other location that my pencils can be led to. One of the ingredients to my pencils are lead, and I can lead my pencils if I wanted to; therefore, I don't always have to lead my pencil. Also, led is the past tense verb of lead.

3.Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I do not untie my shoes when I take them off.

4. Are hot dogs good?
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

It depends on your definition of good, if you mean tasty, it depends. If you mean healthy, it also depends. Today I"d like to tell you why both of those answers are "it depends."
Now most people will say, "You should never feed your children hot dogs because you never know what"s in them, but that is untrue. If you buy a $5.00 container of hot dogs that are kosher, you will only find kosher meat in them. But if you buy a $0.98 package of a dozen hot dogs from the gas station that are labeled "YUMMY," you can be pretty confident that they are not healthy for your offspring.
It is okay to feed your children hot dogs, but like all other foods you need a balanced diet and lots of moderation.
Today people are twisting the facts to make things seem worse than they are.
Take for example a McDonalds Happy Meal. The cheeseburger, fries and soda has about 800 calories.
That"s a lot.
But, children that are growing up, are burning a lot more than that every day.

Is swag a cool word?
yay842

Pro

To correlate the relation with swag and cool, I will define both words first.

-The real definition of swag: a swaying or lurching movement
-The real definition of cool: moderately cold; neither warm nor cold
-The slang definition of swag (in my own words): the quality/characteristic that defines a person's level of awesomeness, coolness, etc.
-The slang definition of cool (in my own words): used to describe an person, place, thing, idea, etc. as awesome or swag

Therefore, in terms of reality, swag is not a cool word.
But today, since the definitions of these two words has been added onto, I would say, in my professional opinion that swag is a cool word. They are both synonymous to the words awesome. Putting it in math terms:
For example, let's say that swag=a, cool=b, and awesome=c. Using the basic fundamental theorems of math which is that if a=c and b=c, then a=b. Therefore, I use this equation and substitute it with the given that swag=a, cool=b, and awesome=c; therefore, since swag=awesome and cool=awesome, then swag=cool; thus, it is proven that swag is a cool word.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
http://dictionary.reference.com...

And for the final question of this debate: What...

is my real name?

I look forward to my opponent's answer to this question and I hope that it is a good one. This was a fun debate. I thank my opponent for agreeing to do this debate with me. We both made some pretty ingenious answers.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

I"d also like to extend my thanks to my opponent Yay842 it"s been a pleasure. :)

I"m really apologetic, but I have to say that I don't know. :/
Posted by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
there are two correct answers to the last question, and one more that I will accept.
Posted by king3opobn 3 years ago
king3opobn
Do fat flying pigs have wings?
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
yay842SPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's answers seemed a little smarter, but it was close. A lot more could be gone with "g". It's the acceleration due to gravity and a generalized measure of intelligence. "haphazard filled" should be either "haphazard" or "hazard-filled." Harmless fun, no fault.
Vote Placed by KroneckerDelta 3 years ago
KroneckerDelta
yay842SPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con gave more quantity of technical answers than Pro and thus sounded smarter.
Vote Placed by bsh1 3 years ago
bsh1
yay842SPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Both answered the questions well. I was more amused and impressed with the quirky creativity of Con's answers. Nice job to both. Both had multiple spelling and grammar issues.