STMAknight92
really12

Comment a Topic!

STMAknight92

Pro

I don't care if we play a game of who who would be better at something, or if we debate a topic. I am looking for more of a conversational argument, not a traditional debate. you can argue your own personal philosophies but have to back them up well. First round is just acceptance and statement of pro or con since there is no topic yet. To be helpful i would argue anything thing from Coke vs. Pepsi, to should gay marriage be legal. Post a comment and i will pick one that is interesting!
really12

Con

My personal philosophies involve the abolition of revenge - it is legally detestable and religiously immoral. Also, the abolition of capital punishment as I view it as revenge and not justice, it is also theoretically a form of torture which incidentally is a crime against humanity.

I also rebuke animal abuse (except for meat production as that is merely nature and religiously permissible) for it is egregious and Machiavellian, I also believe it should be considered a crime against humanity as it would take an individual with no humanity to intentionally kill an innocent creature fir their own sick pleasure.

My religion is non-denominational Christianity and I strongly believe that the theory of evolution is erroneous as it has never been explicitly explained as to what preceded the big bang. Also, I find the theory of evolution to be cruel, what about those suffering in developing countries - do they suffer their whole lives and are never given an afterlife?

That is a glimpse of my philosophical and moral doctrines.

Am I a worthy opposition in this... well... debate.
STMAknight92

Pro

you could have maybe commented a topic like the name implies to do. Now this is just kind of a waste of a debate. Oh well say something random and in the last three rounds we'll try to argue it.
really12

Con

Ok then, my topic proposal shall be: which is the better ice cream flavour, chocolate or vanilla?

I personally believe that vanilla is a far more desirable flavour as it not so high in calories, yet still has the same great taste that many other flavours attribute. Additionally, chocolate flavour can be too rich for some people to enjoy and can have detrimental effects on those who have high cholesterol and other health problems who want nothing more than to still enjoy a good ice-cream.
STMAknight92

Pro

Chocolate is obviously the better choice here. You never here of woman craving vanilla products. It is always chocolate. Kids in school don't ask for white milk they want chocolate. Chocolate flavor is the dominant ice cream by far, where as vanilla can be bland and boring. True chocolate might be to rich for SOME people, but the mass majority would say otherwise.
really12

Con

In opposition, children usually favour chocolate as it is the main confectionery product advertised by the media. The vast majority of children will favour anything to fit, synonymous reference, conform.

Additionally, your rebuttal pertaining to white and chocolate milk is incoherent as white milk is far more versatile and sought after in society's population.
STMAknight92

Pro

Sure most people go after white milk, but that is just the societal norm of having white milk with your cereal. I speak from experience when i say that people prefer chocolate over vanilla. When people come up to me while i am working looking for a good scoop of ice cream, their flavor is usually chocolate. If there was ever a chocolate milk cow, it would be the main focus of a new world order. Chocolate for the win!!
really12

Con

In reference to my experiences, I have always found the majority of people prefer vanilla ice-cream and white milk not only for of its succulent taste but also because it is a healthier option.

Moreover, if there was a magical cow that solely produced chocolate milk, what's to suggest that people won't grow tired of chocolate milk with their coffee and cereal? In addition, wouldn't this cause a proliferation in health problems for the vast population?
STMAknight92

Pro

STMAknight92 forfeited this round.
really12

Con

Since my opponent has not posted any rebuttal, I will therefore conclude with the appraisal of my agenda, vanilla is better than chocolate.
Posted by Sapphique 2 years ago
Sapphique
Would you be okay with a music battle? We each post one song/piece per round along with a description of why it's good (more than just "I like the lyrics"). It'll be up to the voters to decide who picked the best songs and offered the best reasoning overall. Foreign languages are okay as long as a rough translation is provided.