Putt-Putt
Kazerian2001

Commercials Are a Form of Government Propaganda

Putt-Putt

Putt-Putt

Con

First Round: Acceptance
Second: Arguments
Third: Rebuttals/ Arguments
Fourth: Rebuttals and no new arguments
Kazerian2001

Pro

Commercials are shot to me. All you see is these commercials that are supposed to be funny but are just really really very stupid.
Putt-Putt

Con

I thank Con for accepting the argument, and I apologize that it took me so long to post my argument, weekends are a bit busy for me.

Before we start, I like to point out that in every one of my debates, they do not necessarily reflect my opinion on the subject, I simply aim to take the minority voice. I ask voters to please remember this when voting comes around.

To start off, I would like to clarify what exactly propaganda is, with the definition here. "Propaganda seeks to change your mind too, but it does so in a much less transparent way. Often times, propaganda is a subtle thing that you aren't even really aware of. Other times, it's a fear inducing, in your face experience. The primary difference between the two is that propaganda isn't trying to collect financial gain, at least not directly. The primary goal of propaganda is to alter your thoughts about a particular topic, like joining the military or supporting the government. Not all propaganda is political, but many types are. In fact, we witness propaganda every 4 years, during the presidential election." [1]

While the statement above states that we do, in fact, see propaganda on a regular basis, commercials are a factor of capitalism. This is a government type that allows the freedom of the economy without any government interference. While there is no real form of a capitalistic government, America tries it's best to be this way in the economy.

Commercials are really just a form of free business. They are used as advertisements, which is defined as: "A notice, such as a poster or a paid announcement in the print, broadcast, or electronic media, designed to attract public attention or patronage." [2]

While my argument for round one is short, I look forward to Con's response on the matter, and look forward to round 3 of our debate.

1. http://lukasarttech.blogspot.com...
2. http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
Kazerian2001

Pro

Kazerian2001 forfeited this round.
Putt-Putt

Con

Pro has forfeited this round, so I will wait to post further arguments.
Kazerian2001

Pro

Kazerian2001 forfeited this round.
Putt-Putt

Con

Putt-Putt forfeited this round.
Kazerian2001

Pro

Kazerian2001 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by miketheman1200 3 years ago
miketheman1200
Putt-PuttKazerian2001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff on both sides but con made an argument.