Commune-ism: Within the Church it will always be crushed

The Pro position, (mine) is that Commune-ism and Communism are the very same thing, and that these are anti-Christian life styles. You can't remain in the Church and be a Commune-ist or a Communist. As always my main source is the Bible but Con is welcome to use any source and good luck Con.

4 rounds
1 Acceptance/introduction
2 The beginning Church in first century Jerusalem
3 American Commune style christian, (with a little 'c') organizations past/present
4 Summation

From the first century onward the Gospel has always sent the Commune-ists packing. There is no place for Commune-ism where the Church is.

I accept your debate. One thing I ask is that you would define your use of the word "communism", and if it refers to the system in general or specifically to the common Marxist form of communism, and also your word "commune-ism."

First Century Early Church in Jerusalem:

There is a festering boil within Christianity that started in the Early First Century Church in Jerusalem. In the first century this festering boil was filled with the idea that the Church could enter the Temple becoming an extension of that Temple and all that it represented. Prior to His death Jesus of Nazareth taught publicly in the Jerusalem Temple until He was rejected by the rulers of the Temple. After the Ascension of Christ the Early Jerusalem Church began to enter the same Temple that had Crucified Christ.

1 Why would the Jerusalem Church seek to be a part of the very Temple that Crucified our Lord?
2 What did the Jerusalem Church offer Judaism in exchange for access to the Temple?
3 What does Christ have to offer Christianity? a) A Commune b) A Kingdom
4 What does Judaism have to offer Christianity? a) A Commune b) A Kingdom

Nature of the Jerusalem Church Commune and The Mark of the Beast: Ananias and Sapphira

The death of Ananias and Sapphira was an extension of the Old Testament economy. That was exactly the goal of the Early First Century Jerusalem Church. The Jerusalem Church wanted to wear the mantle of the Old Testament. The Jerusalem Church made a deal with Judaism so that it, (the Jerusalem Church) could have access to the Temple. Judaism was willing to allow the Jerusalem Church into the Temple if the Jerusalem Church would accept Judaism's brand, the brand of the Commune. The Church in Jerusalem became a Commune and this Commune was allowed access to the Temple.

SFG2344 forfeited this round.

This part of the debate is simple because all 'commune' style organizations end in bankruptcy. Or the Government invades the commune compound destroying the compound. Then the Government arrests the leaders and confiscates all the commune property. Then the Government releases the commune's prisoners ending the commune's power.

SFG2344 forfeited this round.

Karl Marx was not the founder of Communism. Communism is an ancient idea. What Karl Marx did was to communicate the ancient idea to modern man. Karl Marx could do this because he had access to the information and knowledge of the ancient idea of Communism.

The early Church in Jerusalem had a flirtation with Herod's Temple and a flirtation with commune living. Both Herod's Temple and commune living were discredited by the Roman Legion.

The Temple of the living God is the Body of Believers. The form of Government is Christ as King over the Kingdom of Believers. No Roman Legion has any power over these.

"And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." (Revelation 1:6)

SFG2344 forfeited this round.
Posted by pivot 2 years ago
Let's see here Con-
Marxism-Leninism-Stalinism-Maoism-North Koreanism-Viet Congism: These are all different forms of the same thing.

Utopian Societies: The Early Church in Jerusalem-Amana Colonies-The Shakers-Rappites-Waco Texas-Jones Town: These are all different forms of the same thing.

A knee jerk response to your query would be that Marxism in all of its forms is a more militant variation to the idea of the Commune. But this assumption is false as the very idea of the Commune is forced compliance. The Commune seeks to level all its members by denying the members access to Capital. So my definition of the Commune in all of its forms is-

The Slave State

(I'm placing this response to Con's first in the comment section because I am unwilling to argue semantics. For the most part we here at are all educated. Even long haired non-bathing hippies know what a commune is.)
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
Pivot. just the opposite. The bible became real to me in 1974. And it was not too long after that, I realized that a person would have to have help to misunderstand this book. It is so simple to understand. In fact it was a blessing I did not go to seminary.I had enough religion as a former catholic to unlearn.

They all turned rancid because as they wanted to be accepted by people they turned from spiritual knowledge to carnal knowledge.Just like Jesus said, your traditions makes God's word have no effect, or no power.

And when I say the church, I am referring to the body of reborn people. Not any denomination. In fact I stay clear of denominations.Every thing I know about God is from his word.
Posted by Keeyan 2 years ago
To save yourself the hyphens, maybe you should call Commune-ism "Communalism".
Posted by pivot 2 years ago
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't you the one who told me that you have a degree in Christian Theology? If so then tell me about your educators and the education system in general. Isn't it true that all the once great Christian Colleges of the past have all turned ransid?
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
The church has apostles, prophets ,pastors, evangelists and teachers. Never bureaucrats. Except maybe for Catholicism.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture