Im_Never_Wrong
Nails

Communism Is A Good Idea

Im_Never_Wrong

Pro

My argument is that the 'Communist Democratic System' has not ever been given a good chance. It was put into power in Russia, but they did not run it correctly. It worked for China. In my opinion Communism should be given a trial period as the democratic system in power in a major country such as America or Australia.

I will let my opponent state his argument first.
Nails

Con

I'll allow PRO to post his argument first. I suppose I'll support a Capitalist system.
Im_Never_Wrong

Pro

First off, i would like to thank my opponent; Nails, for agreeing to this debate. This is my first ever debate on this site and i am looking forward to it. Please do not criticise my debate, because as i said; this is my first time. :)

Communism; run well, is a much better system than Capitalism. It is a system that is based purely on equality.This is not only money; but liberty and power also. In communism; there is no ruling body; everybody has equal say in their society. There is no tax and there is no GST. Money crisis has basically been abolished. Perhaps in a Communism System, if we implement some of the more extreme theory's of Karl Marx, we shall abolish money all together. Instead, paying workers with an availability to resources, equality and power as everybody else.

There is no group of people superior to another, so therefore freedom and power is given to everybody to a certain degree. Since Therefore, if communism was implemented than those groups who were previously above everyone and were higher in the heirachy, would no longer be able to influence or overpower the ruling of any other previously lower class citizens. This would lead to minimal corruption also, i may state. Capitalism is basically based on the nature that everybody is greedy, and it's a 'hit or be hit' situation. The quote: Dog eat Dog, comes to mind. It relies on peoples ability to be better than one another, a competitive government system. But say a child was born and was biologically blessed with extreme creativity, and grew up to be the best of the best in his line of work (lets say; an artist), Any other child who is the best at their line of work (medical) would be classed above the other, just because they have a *Different* skill to the other.

The point of my analogy being that no matter how good you are at what you do, someone will (basically) always be better than you, and you will never be treated the same as a person above you. Therefore; the fact that communism implements equality is a brilliant trait to have in a government system. Capitalism is too competetive and too brutal.

I will now hand it over to my opponent, Thankyou
Nails

Con

PRO makes 2 critically flawed assumptions in his case.

First, "Communism; run well, is a much better system than Capitalism."

He assumes communism can be run well. History has shown us otherwise with examples like Cuba and Russia. I don't think it's fair to allow PRO to make the assumption that we could have a 'well run' communist system without some fair amount of proof.

Second, "It is a system that is based purely on equality."

PRO assumes we should actually have equality among people without ever providing a good reason why it should be so. Given that some people are more skilled, more intelligent, or do more work than others, I see no reason we should all be provided with resources equally.
Im_Never_Wrong

Pro

Im_Never_Wrong forfeited this round.
Nails

Con

I'm never wrong.
Posted by TysonMarshall 7 years ago
TysonMarshall
my account was closed. there was no reason, very confused. made new account in the attempt to continue debating
Posted by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
Any idea why?
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
his account was closed.
Posted by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
The fact that this debate has a defined winner and loser makes both debaters biased. This is why quotations from reliable sources on the topic are preferable to analytic evidence given by the debater.
Posted by Rockylightning 7 years ago
Rockylightning
Nails, if I were you, I would make a point that his profile image is the hammer and sickle, which is the communist sign... which could prove he may be a bias debater...
(no offense pro!)
Posted by Im_Never_Wrong 7 years ago
Im_Never_Wrong
I Do Understand.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
PRO doesn't understand most of the reasoning behind communism.

The Communist critique of capitalism goes much deeper. They believe in an objective economic value system. This means that every transaction constitutes a loss for one at the gain of another. The person gaining is usually the one with the market power that can take advantage of the weaker. This makes the entire capitalist system theft.
Communism is the opposite of capitalism. Instead of individualism, communism harnesses collectivism. Everybody owns everything. A dying mother can get health care without having to sell her children into prostitution. All property is collectivized and governed democratically. The collective will naturally implement capital and stock more efficiently than the individual.

Communism fails, though, because there is no incentive to produce. The work of one's hands is not one's own. In a larger community, one's hard work hasn't the slightest benefit to themselves. So, communism cannot work in a large community, such as Russia or China.
A second problem with communism is that value is not objective. Even use-value varies between individuals, as a dairy farmer can meet more demand with a cow than can a construction worker. The market functions on subjective value. The entire communist criticism of the market then falls apart.
The third problem with communsm is the lack of efficiency. Everyone cannot make decisions for everyone else, but anyone can make decisions for themselves. People are also happier when they can govern their own lives and reap the frut of their labour.
/rant
It gets deeper than equality and class structure, though that is the social argument for communism. I have detailed the economics.
Posted by Im_Never_Wrong 7 years ago
Im_Never_Wrong
and ahahahah $0.02 i assume is your 2 bobs? ahahaha
Posted by Im_Never_Wrong 7 years ago
Im_Never_Wrong
Thanks :)

Well okay, fine! Criticise me! :) ahahah, well i guess it helps :) and yer, thanks for the welcoming, i'm really enjoying it :)
Posted by Chrysippus 7 years ago
Chrysippus
"Please do not criticise my debate, because as i said; this is my first time. :)"

Nope, sorry; this is Debate.org, where the finest criticism is served up all day, every day; we're even open to analyze your mistakes on federal holidays! :)

You can't get out of it, old boy; you posted this on a public website, and we're going to say our $.02 about it whether you want us to or not. Besides, good criticism is like a disc harrow for the mind; it breaks up the hard clumps and makes the surface more productive! It's a good thing, trust me! :D

And, welcome to DDO.
Vote Placed by Danielle 6 years ago
Danielle
Im_Never_WrongNailsTied
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
Im_Never_WrongNailsTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
Im_Never_WrongNailsTied