A341
ark200

Communism Is A Superior Economic System For Maximizing Human Freedom Than Capitalism

A341

A341

Pro

First round is either for acceptance only or my opponent can post an argument there and forfeit the last round.

Definitions will be:

Communism: The economic system which advocates for the means of production to be owned by the workers or the community as a whole and each worker works for the benefit of the community as a whole rather than personal gain.

Capitalism: The economic system in which the means of production are owned either owned privately or owned by the state, furthermore under capitalism goods are exchanged for profit and the majority of the workers are employed with waged labor.

Freedom: The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants usually without the control of authority.

I look forward to the reply of my opponent.
ark200

Con

post your arguments
A341

Pro

A341 forfeited this round.
ark200

Con

ark200 forfeited this round.
A341

Pro

A341 forfeited this round.
ark200

Con

ark200 forfeited this round.
A341

Pro

A341 forfeited this round.
ark200

Con

ark200 forfeited this round.
A341

Pro

A341 forfeited this round.
ark200

Con

ark200 forfeited this round.
Posted by A341 1 year ago
A341
Personally the kind of communism I advocate is known as anarcho-syndicalism or anarcho-communism (I take a bit from both ideologies) in this system there is no intermediary statist stage.

No a system in which the MOP are owned by the state is known as state capitalist, this was the case under post 1921 USSR. I am fine to grant that for all intent and purposes capitalism in this debate will refer to free market capitalism, just don't try and call Marxism-Leninism communist or socialist.

Socialism has never meant the state having control over the MOP, this was an idea which came about after 1921 when Lenin and his cronies wanted to maintain power in the USSR and promptly crushed the only actual communist "state" at that time.
Posted by TommyB12 2 years ago
TommyB12
I might accept this but need clarification. In terms of communism, I assume you are referring to a time after the state is abolished correct? Second, capitalism would not include items owned by the state. That would be more correctly deemed socialism or a mixed socialist economy if it has some state ownership or regulation(like the United States). If we can agree to separate state ownership of property or means of prod. into the proper term of socialism, I can agree to accept
Vote Placed by simonstuffles 1 year ago
simonstuffles
A341ark200Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF but Con didn't capitalise his only sentence, nor did it have a full stop.