Debaiterr
ViceRegent

Communism Is A Superior System To Capitalism

Debaiterr
Started: 3/5/2016 Category: Economics

Debaiterr

Pro

Capitalism seems to be seen as the best mode of the production of goods and services. And it has its benefits- people exchange work for money, money for goods, which are made from work. It boosts business and promotes a strong economy while giving wealth to those who work hardest. In the United States, and nations that follow behind its system of economics and aim to adopt their ideals, Capitalism is what is essential in order to:
  • Keep citizens free to do as they wish without the government controlling their actions, their goods, or their services.
  • Maintain a well balanced economy that promotes growth and wealth among the citizens.

But upon reflection, Communism would be a better fit to maintain both of these ideals. This debate will be focusing on why Communism or Capitalism would be the superior economic systems on defending, preserving, and upholding these rights for the citizens. Please keep your arguments relevant to these main points. You may add new points as they connect with the topic, but try not to make your argument/point stray too far from the original topic.

To go over my main points quickly, Communism liberates workers from the oppressive tendencies of the companies they work for, prevents one individual from gaining too much and another from having too little, and allows for citizens to actually explore their wants in life, allowing them to work because they want to not to maintain a wage, forcing them to work because they have to.
Second is that Capitalism does have a system that allows for an economy and work to be made progressively and at a proactive rate, but ultimately the market can crash as quickly as it has been built up, as can be seen in many previous historical events in the United States (i.e. The Great Depression) and other countries as well (i.e. The Hyperinflation that occurred in Germany which lead to the rise of the Nazis into power). Not to mention the fact that while this system promotes individual wealth and prosperity, the rich only get richer while the poor continually get poorer, which will lead to a massive divide in class which will lead to unions and boycotts occurring, which will also damage the economy (as well as interfere and reduce citizens' freedoms). Communism eliminates all these possibilities from happening by establishing a controlled economy so that no one industry will become to powerful, which is ultimately the goal of Capitalism, but ironically, also its demise.
Now, I have said this about Communism, but I'm sure there are those who also would like to have their say and defend Capitalism. Please leave your arguments below and enjoy the debate!
ViceRegent

Con

Please share with us why forcing people into economic choices they do not want in communism is better than the freedom of capitalism and name for us the thriving economies founded on practicing communism?
Debaiterr

Pro

Debaiterr forfeited this round.
Debaiterr

Pro

Debaiterr forfeited this round.
Posted by ViceRegent 10 months ago
ViceRegent
I love how the only Justification these fools can find for their own worldview is in a deluded and narcissisic assumption that they are smarter than those with whom they disagree.
Posted by AnarchoBlonde 10 months ago
AnarchoBlonde
Vice, you don't know what communism is.
Posted by dude100 11 months ago
dude100
oh crap i screwed up on the wording for the definitions again sorry :( . Anyways ill be careful this time. Capitalism is the absence of government control over businesses, and communism is a governments total control over businesses. Which is why i think we need both for the sake of keeping both big business and the government from becoming too powerful.
Posted by dude100 11 months ago
dude100
the idea of combining the two of these economic theories is to create another system of checks and balances between the two most powerful influences in the united states, (Big Business, and The US Government). In my personal opinion nothing is really getting done in the US because of the inefficiency of bureaucracy. I actually had an idea that I've been discussing with others lately that could solve this and many other problems by creating a faster, more effective bureaucracy that seems to be fair/reasonable to the public. The Idea is to create one more branch of government which allows the united states to transform from a republic, to a direct democracy without sacrificing the benefits of a strong centralized government. My idea Is to use congress as more of an advising council to states where communities can vote on policies as suggested by congress officials. In short, congress comes up with ideas, and the public decides whether or not to accept them. These new laws, determined by majority vote, shall then be accepted by the state. Reasonable resolutions achieved in a faster time period. The Reason why I like this Idea is because the public is basically a new branch of government who decide on how much to pay for taxes and where the taxes are delegated. This system would also allow laws to be more subjective to your community rather than generalized for the entire nation. This is good considering that the needs of each individual community is completely subjective. And our strong centralized government isn't compromised because all three branches would still exist and still maintain the same powers as before.
Posted by dude100 11 months ago
dude100
So I vote for a combination of the two to prevent big business from getting too powerful and to prevent the government from having too much power as well.
Posted by dude100 11 months ago
dude100
alright peeps Im back, it seems I made a couple mistakes in my previous posts I was just going by what I remembered about the subject. In case you didn't notice my previous posts they were more focused on keeping the mood light considering people can get riled up on this topic especially since this is a touchy subject in the United states. Now that I've brushed up on my research, I realize now that I was incorrect and there are more "politically" correct definitions of these words so I'm just going to correct some particulars from previous posts. I do, however, continue to stand by my opinions in the previous posts. Communism as it turns out is when a government has complete control in economics (not a process). Socialism is the economic reform from capitalism toward communism and thus is the "process part" I was explaining before. whether or not communism is better than capitalism actually depends on what you mean by better. If you mean efficient then yes absolutely. However, if you mean which is better in terms of morality and culture development, that's the touchy part that people need to debate on. To ask which is better capitalism or communism is like asking which tastes better black poop or brown poop? both economic theories are total nonsense because they are two extremes. In Capitalism there is no government restriction and in communism there is total government restriction. This is why all countries that currently exist lie somewhere in the middle regardless of which side they lean more towards. In America you have the "conservatives" who want to conserve traditional capitalism, and "liberals" who are trying to liberate the middle class by adding restrictions to big businesses in America in an attempt to limit the power and influence of big business by socializing economics in certain areas.
Posted by dude100 11 months ago
dude100
sorry I forgot to mention that capitalism kinda works bc of the booms and busts. It's great during the massive booms but horrible during the massive busts. Also that communism is more of a plateau slight increases and decreases so communism is a bit more stable. Although now that I'm writing this out loud I just realized from a philosophical standpoint that booms and busts are kind of our thing right? if we had too much stability wed be bland and tasteless think about the cultural significance of the stock market crash; the world may have come to a screeching halt but at least we made some damn good music in the process. I suppose the rest of this conversation on philosophy would end up in a more good vs evil thing right? like the irony of good is that it can't exist without evil. seriously though doesn't that blow your minds? I mean if there were no bad guys, how do you know who's a good guy or not? seriously how would we know what good is if there's nothing to compare it to? booms and busts! anyone with me on that one? I mean nobody likes to get sand in their butt crack but it's all worthwhile when you're drinking a corona on the beach in the caribbean.
Posted by dude100 11 months ago
dude100
My name is Dude100 bc I'm a dude at 100% brain function lol. But the ladies call me Scoundrel for my rugged good looks and devilish charm.
Posted by dude100 11 months ago
dude100
Oh crap! I just realized I went off topic and you asked me not to sorry : ( anyway there are many arguments that can be made for this subject, but all in all the down right truth on whether communism is better than capitalism is this, It's completely subjective. What I mean is this "whatever works." They are after all theories and not facts neither one has proven to be more effective than the other and thus impossible to determine which is better. Communism has succeeded(kibbutz/ commune) and failed(Soviet Union/N. Korea). Capitalism has succeeded(We've been using this one for years and we're all not dead yet ; )) and failed(We obviously made reforms in the United states out of necessity). Sorry guys I wish I had a better answer for you. LETS GO ROUND 2 YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Posted by dude100 11 months ago
dude100
To conclude my point there are two different types of communism. The first one being karl marx's theory on economic reform and the second being made from the personal experience of those who have lived during the cold war. In fact the word communism has been loosely used in many cultures due to the countless number of people who never read the manifesto making it difficult for people to decipher its actual meaning. Hmmmm another example of a word like communism would be like trying to explain that the word "universe" means all of existence (only one verse) and yet in modern physics the "Polyverse" changes that meaning to just one of an infinite number of universes (plural). I know right? sometimes I confuse myself LOL never wonder what its like to be inside my head it's chaos in there.
Vote Placed by Hayd 11 months ago
Hayd
DebaiterrViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro lists many arguments like maintaining a well balanced economy, etc., all of which are dropped by Con. Con's only response is bare assertions, thus Pro's arguments are unrefuted, Con provides none of his own, Pro wins arguments. Pro forfeited thus conduct to Con.