Max.Wallace
GiftOfSanity

Communism, Religion.....Same thing, different priests.

GiftOfSanity

Max.Wallace

Pro

Seems so obvious.
GiftOfSanity

Con

Firstly, I must state that you have given no reasons or evidence for your views at all. I would like very much to hear how you support this idea.
Now on to my arguments:

1. Definition of "Religion" and "Priests"
This is a very, very broad term used very, very vaguely. Are you talking about Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, Taoism, Buddhism, Agnosticism, Sikhism, Wicca, Neopaganism, German paganism, Irish polytheism, Mormonism, or even Atheism, etc.? There are many, many, many religions in the world, and not all include priests-e.g., the Baha-i religion. (Also, only certain religions call their clergy "priests", e.g., Catholicism.) Within such a diverse range of varying religions, it is impossible to claim that all of them are synonymous, or even just compatible, with a single school of thought (Communism).

2. Differing focus of Communism and Religion
In addition, it should be stated that religion concerns the spiritual and supernatural (unless you're using the word to mean "a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance"), whereas Communism is a political theory. True, both politics and religion affect society, but they are very distinct and separate; one governs mankind, the other governs reality itself.

I eagerly await hearing you make your case.
Max.Wallace

Pro

Use the same font as me and I'll argue, playbot.
GiftOfSanity

Con

That is not even an attempt at an argument, and sounds more like an arbitrary insult instead, but I'll oblige:

Now on to my arguments:

I eagerly await hearing you make an actual case.
Max.Wallace

Pro

Max.Wallace forfeited this round.
GiftOfSanity

Con

GiftOfSanity forfeited this round.
Posted by Max.Wallace 11 months ago
Max.Wallace
I am such a moron sometimes.
Posted by Max.Wallace 12 months ago
Max.Wallace
You will most likely never hear me make an argument, unless you use technology to transform the type to voice, like the wheelchair physicist preaches, and you hear. Argument forthcoming.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 11 months ago
fire_wings
Max.WallaceGiftOfSanityTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con is the only one to make a argument.