Saberen
titicoco

Communism can never work

Saberen

Con

I believe communism can work with the right sociological and economical changes. This will be my very first debate on this site but I have debated this topic before on other sites and forums.
titicoco

Pro

Communism is a good idea but it can never work because if everyone gets paid the same amount then there is no incentive for people to work hard. Also if the state owns everything then people can never feel safe as they could lose everything. Also with communism leaders who instigate it should be prepared to get the same wage as everyone else and that so often never happens.
Saberen

Con

Firstly, I would like to thank pro for being apart of this debate.

I think you're mistaken on what communism is. This is partly my fault as I did not put the definitions in the debate description. Communism is a stateless, classless, moneyless society where the means of production are collectively owned by the proletariat( the working class). Communism is the final stage of the marxist transition from capitalism to communism.

"Communism is a good idea but it can never work because if everyone gets paid the same amount then there is no incentive for people to work hard". Communism as I stated before is a moneyless society. People would not be payed at all. Instead the incentive to work would be for other reasons. The money motive is only intrinsic to markets. For the vast majority of humanity's existence we never used markets to exchange goods and services. We lived in hunter gatherer tribes where what was captured and what was made was shared among the tribe. You have a job because you need money to sustain yourself but you would no longer need money to acquire what you need to survive because it would be provided to you through the commune.

"Also if the state owns everything then people can never feel safe as they could lose everything". Again, as i stated before communism is a stateless society. There is no government. I don't exactly understand what you mean by "lose everything" even if the state was apart of communism.

" Also with communism leaders who instigate it should be prepared to get the same wage as everyone else and that so often never happens." Again, with the abolishment of money wage labour would also be abolished. The leaders of the revolution didn't want more money they wanted to get rid of the profit motive as it is harmful to everyone.
titicoco

Pro

I feel that I came into the debate with a flase view of communism and sabaren has made it correcrt. I also agree with his point of view now I fully understand communism and resign from this debate.
Saberen

Con

Thank you for the polite response. And don't worry that you didn't fully understand communism most don't really know. I hope you learned something from this debate. Have a good one.
titicoco

Pro

titicoco forfeited this round.
titicoco

Pro

In this debate please vote for sabaren as he I resigned from this debate so he has legitamately won
Posted by Bosoxfaninla 1 year ago
Bosoxfaninla
You can't possibly have a paperless society. In order for that idea to work every nation would need to be communist.