mfigurski80
NorthKorea

Communism in South America

mfigurski80

Pro

First Round Acceptance
All points in Second Round

Full Topic: The rise of Socialism has served Latin America well

Rules: Don't be a dick (determined by the audience wether or not rule was broken (must explain))
If you break rule #1, you automatically forfeit all your points.

Thank you, and good luck to my opponent.
NorthKorea

Con

Socialism hurts and stagnates the economy and does worse to the average citizen than capitalism. South America, no in fact the world should be capitalist. Why? No other system has lifted so many people out of poverty like capitalism can. People who follow a socialist regime are looking for an easy way out of poverty but it never works. Scandinavian countries turned to Socialism but it was horrible and the economy was bad for so many years. It wasn't until the governments of Scandinavia made capitalist reforms that the countries started seeing prosperity from the economy. The governments should thus eneact this plan.

The Governments of South America will change their economic systems to a free market economy with small governments and low taxes.
mfigurski80

Pro

mfigurski80 forfeited this round.
NorthKorea

Con

NorthKorea forfeited this round.
mfigurski80

Pro

mfigurski80 forfeited this round.
NorthKorea

Con

NorthKorea forfeited this round.
mfigurski80

Pro

mfigurski80 forfeited this round.
NorthKorea

Con

NorthKorea forfeited this round.
Posted by BrendanD19 1 year ago
BrendanD19
Socialism in Latin America
Thats what it is
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
Oops, pardon then. I don't read comments carefully.

I still take offense at your earlier comment however. Why do you say that the content of my title is 'stupid and misleading'?
What I said in the title is precisely what I want to debate. Communism in South America. One would think it's simply and cannot really be confused, but I guess I must have written it wrong.
Tell me, what do you think I should fix in the title? Is it not descriptive enough?
Posted by BrendanD19 1 year ago
BrendanD19
Not Bolivian revolution, the BolivARian revolution, as in Hugo Chavez's revolution in Venezuela that started the Pink tide and the rise of Socialist and leftist parties in Latin America.
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
The debate is about latin America, most of it being based on the south american continent. I might not focuw on bolivia at all.
Posted by BrendanD19 1 year ago
BrendanD19
the Bolivarian revolution isn't communist
The title is rather stupid and misleading