gomergcc
Samuel60

Communism is a better form of economics

Samuel60

gomergcc

Pro

The debate is if Communism is a better form of economics.

All sorces most be sited!!

Round one will be definition of terms:

Communisum:

The sum total of the ideas in The Communist Manifesto or expressed by Karl Marx on Communism after the date of it 1st publication of the The Communist Manifesto.

proletariat/proletariat:

Any one under American median wealth of $44,900 per adult.

Bourgeoisie:

Anyone over the median American CEO net worth of $9.9 Million

CON AS THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:

Select any economic theory or system as long as the theroy or system was theroisied or in practice after 1900.

To select any country for there argument. This is to ease CON's research of not American. While I am debating that Communism is better for America you may debate Soicalism is better for Brazil for example. If not debating about America then CON most agree to the following terms to ease PRO's research:

Poor is less than 25% of the wealthiest citizens net worth

Middle class is 26% to 70% of the wealthiest citizens net worth

Wealthy/Rich is 70% to 100% of the wealthiest citizens net worth.

CON Most state what economic theroy or system and country the are selecting in round one with there definition of terms.

Round 2 will be opening statments, round 3 and 4 rebuttals, and round 5 closing statments
Samuel60

Con

-Dear Opponent, thank for choosing such an interesting topic to debate over.

-
In this debate I will be debating why communism, a socioeconomic system is not worth for the American nation. I will be debating why capitalism still stands as a stellar economic system in our market, and why we're supposed to enhance it. Your rules seem quite vague, but I hope this is how you instructed your opponent to organize his/her argument. I concur with your terms that you've provided regarding if communism is a better economical system for the United States. As mentioned before, the system that I will be using will be capitalism, and why it's better for the United States to keep this system. To give you a little bit of background about myself I am an anarcho-capitalist. Anarcho-capitalism is a political philosophy which advocates the omission of the state for the obtainment of individual sovereignty, private property and free markets.

-
Definition of Terms:
-Capitalism: A way of organizing an economy so that the things that are used to make and transport products (such as land, oil, factories, ships, etc.) are owned by individual people and companies rather than by the government(1).
-Individual Sovereignty (aka self-ownership): Is the idea of property belonging to one's self. According to moral and natural rights; it's the idea that a being must always have a non-controllable bodily integrity and a life dedicated to freedom(2).
-Private Property: Tangible and intangible things owned by individuals or firms over which their owners have exclusive and absolute legal rights, such as land, building, money, copyrights, patents, etc. Private property can be transferred only with its owners consent, and by due process such as sale or gift(3).

-References:
[1]: http://www.merriam-webster.com...
[2]: https://en.wikipedia.org...
[3]: http://www.businessdictionary.com...
gomergcc

Pro

There is a problem in America, GREED. While most of the country struggles just to get by to many have more than they could ever use. Parents that work full time go hungry to provide for there children. People that have worked there whole lives are in poverty. They ability for one parent to stay at home has become a luxury that many can not afford. Many hard working students are going in to debt for degrees that are worthless.

I will be showing how Communism is not what the propaganda tell you it is, it can help to solve these problems. I will also be showing how Capitalism does not work and why America does not have a true Capitalist economy.

Samuel60

Con

-Thank you for your response, the BoP is going to be shared in this debate.

In the following round, I would just like to say that my opponent omits the fact that communism always leads to corruption. Throughout this debate, I will show you that we could in fact enhance capitalism which therefore can benefit the people, but the problem with this economic system is it's not what it has used to be. Capitalism is becoming an imperialistic trade market (I will provide sources for this hypothesis).

Karl Marx has published, "VII. IMPERIALISM AS A SPECIAL STAGE OF CAPITALISM." In this following piece of work, Marx describes how capitalism emerged into an imperialistic system(1).

You have also mentioned university and college students 'go broke' because of their accumulated loan debt. Well, look back at America during the 60s-90s, college was so much more inexpensive back then, and America wasn't operated under the communist rule - you really need to provide some credible resources for this if you're going to use it in your debate.

Opening Statement:
As we all know, Communism has always seen its demise through corruption. Look at the countries that are still adapting this system. Cuba is the only Marxist-Revolutionary state out there. Yes, you may think China, Vietnam and Laos have also adapted this system, but it's a common misconception. The countries that I've previously listed are Socialist-states, and there is a vast difference between a Socialism and communism. Capitalism is emerging into an imperialist market. My purpose in this debate is to show you that we should reform capitalism, not turn down on it.

Believe me, communism will lead this nation into something more chaotic. Yes, greed as you say. Greed is a common instinct that all of us share. If you have read the book, Animal Farm you would see otherwise that communism is all about equality, but the characters in the book adopted the idea of being 'more' equal than other characters. Please don't make this common misconception.

[1]: https://www.marxists.org...
gomergcc

Pro

I apologize to my opponent. I have bit of more that a can chew with my excitement over this site. I am currently in 7 debates and underestimated the amount of research needed in them. This debate calls for the most research and reading in order to debate effectively. In part because I under estimated how many works of Karl Marx I would need to reread in order to debate effectively. I would ask my opponent's understanding and look forward to debating with them again on this subject at a later time. If my opponent would like to debate on a topic calling for less research and am more that willing to debate them on that topic.

Samuel60

Con

Dear Comrade, it is really up to you if you want to debate.Yes, you're correct. This does seem like a very broad topic, and a time for research does need to be done if you want to discuss this subject. I haven't been using this site in quite a while. I created this account when I was young and foolish - I absolutely had no experience in debating what so ever. However, I am not willing to concur with you doing "less" research in this debate as you remarked. I am sorry, it is either that or else we'll have to try to come up with another solution for this. Well, we're running out of time here. So, I don't really think that you can keep going with this.
gomergcc

Pro

I was meaning that of you wanted to debate with me on a different topic that needed less research at I would be willing to start that debate with out delay. I have been debating all my life, much to the annoyance of my friends and family. It has been a while since I was in a good debate over a complex topic. In my excitement over finding this site I forgot some simple things when debating. That simple ideas tend to be the hardest to show evidence for, that topic you think would be easy to research many times lead to hours of searching to find the relevant information, and that is becomes more difficult that you think to debate for and against a topic at the same time. In 5 days I ended up with 9 debates and a 10th debate in the forums. I had to admit that I have sent far to much time on my computer that what my personal life really allows. That I had one day left to post on this debate and had only done about 25% of my research on this debate. I would rather lose a debate by admitting this that quickly type up something that makes it clear I have no idea what I am talking about. I would like to keep my opponent as someone that would consider debating me in the future and not think I am not worth the time. If you link of a topic that is less broad you like to debate me on feel free to send me a message.

Samuel60

Con

Samuel60 forfeited this round.
gomergcc

Pro

forfeited this round
Samuel60

Con

Samuel60 forfeited this round.
Posted by gomergcc 2 years ago
gomergcc
You all ready are with me. lol Its part of why I had to drop this one is it became difficult to debate for capitalism with you and against it here.
Posted by debate_power 2 years ago
debate_power
I'm willing to debate people about communism if they like. It's something I've done research on and am very interested in.
Posted by debate_power 2 years ago
debate_power
Win, gomer
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
Yes, I haven't been on this account for over a year now :P. Now, I am in it to win it. haha
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
My apologies I meant 'was' instead of 'is'. :P haha
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
My profile picture isn't Che Guevara.
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
Ironic that someone with Che Guevara as his picture is arguing against communism.
Posted by mg2 2 years ago
mg2
Communism is not a good option for a country that wants to thrive its status quo. A democratic government can bring the genius of its people up to the greatest extent possible.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Communism is better for only certain classes of people. Government who will become wealthy redistributing other peoples money, and the freeloader receiving other peoples money.All the rest of us will pay for it .
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
gomergccSamuel60Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded the debate due to time constraints.