Gaurdian_Rock
Formic

Communism is far better then Socialism

Gaurdian_Rock

Gaurdian_Rock

Pro

First round is for acceptance only, and basic points.
-communism is superior to socialism, because under real communism everyone is united and working together, where as in socialism there are still class base system that can continue to drive difference and civil unrest among the people.
Formic

Con

Socialism is a better economic system than Communism. In Communism, all private policy is abolished. Thus, no private ownership is allowed. The private sector and free market always work better than government mandated economic systems. The idea of the government knowing what is better for an individual than the individual is ridiculous. Socialism allows some ownership of private property, which allows for some individual control of the economy. This is better than Coomunism, allowing no private ownership at all.
Gaurdian_Rock

Pro

I don't believe you understand what real communism is let me give you a basic idea strait from the communist manifesto
definition: Communism is now what people would consider the boy scouts to be. People all work together in real communism people don't own property because there to busy working together as a whole to be bothered with the daily afflictions of greed and hate that can engulf socialism and capitalism that being said.
Economics: In REAL communism there is never a restriction on free market all the communist manifesto states is that people must do is provide for the whole if you can provide for the whole then why can't you make money?

It seems that con is relying entirely upon the radical ideals of Mao and Stalin and I would prefer that con use the actual communist manifesto.
http://www.anu.edu.au...
Formic

Con

Humans are lazy creatures. If offered the choice between free food or working for food, all humans will choose free food. Also, using the boy scouts is a bad example, as they exclude Gays, thus, are not all inviting and including.
Secondly, the idea of a happy community does not work. Life is not the SMURFS. Not everyone is happy. Communism, as a rule does not work, as the people
Posted by Formic 4 years ago
Formic
Also, I advocate Capitalism, However, the debate was socialism verses communism. Socialism is a better system, as proved by my arguments.
Posted by Formic 4 years ago
Formic
Sorry for shot debate. This was meant to just try out the system on the website, and to try to speed run a debate. Thanks for the feedback from voters.
Posted by Gaurdian_Rock 4 years ago
Gaurdian_Rock
I'd like to apologize for the short length of this debate we wanted to do a speed run.I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
-G-Rock
Posted by freeko 4 years ago
freeko
BOS DEBATE MAH HOMIES. :p
Vote Placed by LegalizeLiberty 4 years ago
LegalizeLiberty
Gaurdian_RockFormicTied
Reasons for voting decision: Very short debate...I don't think either side was able to get very deep into the actual philosophical ideas and applications of Communism vs. Socialism. Maybe Pro and Con should do this debate again with 5 rounds. I only agree with Con because he persuaded me that Socialism is better than Communism, not because I think Socialism is good in any way. Personally, I believe Capitalism is best.
Vote Placed by Nyx999 4 years ago
Nyx999
Gaurdian_RockFormicTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ugh this was WAY to short to judge properly, neither of them had any real arguments either. But I have to give the win to Pro, since pro had at least one source and con ended with only part of a sentence. Sorry.