Tovarishch
MasturDbtor

Communism is preferable to social democracy in regards to the fulfillment of socialist principles

Tovarishch

Pro

I take it that communism and social democracy are well known enough to make misunderstandings unlikely, but I'll define them in any event just in case.

A communist society is one in which there is not only no formal State, but it is also a society where economic classes are non-existent. Everyone in such a society would have the same relation to the means of production through either direct democratic control or through voluntarily elected and immediately recallable delegates. A social democratic society is a society where the State continues to exist and where restrictions are put in place prohibiting certain capitalist practices while fundamentally maintaining the capitalist system of private property and for-profit production (in most areas).

Socialist principles are the principles that all socialists hold in common, barring the reformist/revolutionary or anarchist/state controversies. The common valuation of the workers against the capitalist ruling class is what binds relevant socialist schools.

This round is just for acceptance.
MasturDbtor

Con

I accept your challenge.
Tovarishch

Pro

Tovarishch forfeited this round.
MasturDbtor

Con

MasturDbtor forfeited this round.
Tovarishch

Pro

Tovarishch forfeited this round.
MasturDbtor

Con

So disappointing.

I was going to wait for you to go first, but since you've skipped so many rounds already here I go...

...

My Opponent Contradicts Himself
He says communism would mean "no formal state". He then says we will have "direct democratic control or...delegates". Both of which are examples of a type of state.

Tyranny of the Majority

My opponents system gives too much power to the masses. As he says the means of production would be owned by them this is essentially proposing a direct democratic economy as well as state. The average person is not smart enough to handle all of that, and will be easily lead to support bad policies by demagogues pursuing their own agendas.

Tovarishch

Pro

Tovarishch forfeited this round.
MasturDbtor

Con

All arguments extended.

Looks like I win.

What a shame I wanted a real debate.