Lambergate
KKSTARWORLD

Communism or democracy

Lambergate

Pro

Well i m not quite sure and i need to do a bit of research on this topic so would u all help me out (: .I support democracy but there are benefits and loss for both sides.Like for example in democracy the rich get richer and the poor will get poorer (exceptions are there but handful).In democracy u excel as an individual but in communism you will excel as country.
KKSTARWORLD

Con

Well democracy is far better than the other option (dictatorship) and you should think twice before what you are saying. Your opinion is not wrong but you have to accept this also that in democracy you are electing a representative of your own choice . But in the other option you are a 'slave' who is working under the master whether you like or not like him/her . So the conclusion is that democracy is best. The thing you said that the rich will get richer is wrong . The truth is that the dictator will get richer because you cannot remove that person from seat unless and until you protest. Democracy gives us freedom and power which dictatorship cannot give.
Lambergate

Pro

Lambergate forfeited this round.
KKSTARWORLD

Con

KKSTARWORLD forfeited this round.
Lambergate

Pro

Lambergate forfeited this round.
KKSTARWORLD

Con

KKSTARWORLD forfeited this round.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
Also, devaluing the Yuan does not mean that they are not booming economically. They are making it hard for foreign companies to sell in China, which helps Chinese companies as well as the state owned businesses. Did you not hear of how much the stocks fell after they devalued it this morning?
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
When I talked about China's economy, I meant their economic boom from the 1980's when the adopted more Capitalist principles.
Posted by TheProphett 1 year ago
TheProphett
China's economy is not booming. They just gave the Yuan a cut, and this is why. For years I have doubted the longevity of the Chinese economic dynasty. Why you might ask? Well, their economy was booming because they had so many people becoming job-ready age, which led to more income for the country. Now that this has been going on for a long time, lots of the ever-growing Chinese population, are reaching old age. With millions of people reaching retirement ages, the Chinese economy will snap back like a rubber band.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
That can be hard to decipher. Capitalism cannot exist in a truly Communist country, just as Communism cannot exist in a true Democracy or Republic. Capitalism is an economic system, and nothing more, but it needs deregulation and less government overreach to function correctly, which will not occur under Communism. A truly Communist country cannot have Capitalism since there can be no private property, and there is large redistribution of wealth. Communism is both political and economic, as it needs a powerful and often creates a corrupt federal government, with abolition of private property and innovation. Any form of Communism is horrible. Also, China has gotten Capitalist policies, which is why their economy has been booming. They still have many civil rights abuses as well as state owned businesses.
Posted by planck 1 year ago
planck
This debate Is based upon false premises. Both communism and capitalism are economic, not political systems and both can be either democratic or totalitarian. Communes in Israel are totally communist but are governed democratically. China is very much capitalist but is governed as a dictatorship of the Party.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
I will gladly accept this debate, but one thing I need affirmed is if you are stating democracy is better or communism is better. If you are stating that Communism is better, then I shall accept.
Posted by KingoSchenk 1 year ago
KingoSchenk
If I accepted would I get to choose if I would like to take a communism or democracy.