Saberen
MeinWeltschmerz

Communism vs any other ideology

Saberen

Pro

I am really interested in debating the topic of communism. I am a Marxist apologist and I'm looking for a good debate.

Communism - The final stage of the Marxist transition from capitalism to communism. A stateless,classes,moneyless society where the means of production are collectively owned.
MeinWeltschmerz

Con

I have accepted this debate, and in good sportsmanship will allow this round to be an acceptance round.
Saberen

Pro

Before my argument, I would like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate.

Communism brings an end to the constant cycle of class antagonism. It destroys classes and by doing this eliminates a major creation of conflict. I believe communism can bring peace and bring an end to non coercive and non consensual force by eliminating the people who initiate it. The bourgeoisie.

Communism would also end poverty. Instead of the few owning all the wealth the wealth would be collectively owned and everyone who get what they need to survive and live a fulfilling life. The elimination of private property would follow. Money would no longer be a necessity to survive instead money would be abolished and along with that material greed and commodity fetishism.
MeinWeltschmerz

Con

The problem with the postulation that human greed can be ended is that no matter how good we have it, there will always be something else that we want. That is the underlying factor in economics, humans must try to satisfy an infinite list of wants with only a finite amount of resources. In addition, the wants and needs of every person is different. Some people are born with diabetes, some are born with allergies, so how could a government distinguish between these peoples' needs and wants in accordance to their disabilites? Maybe someone can't handle glucose the way others can, and it makes them sick to try and process it, yet they can still eat it if they needed to. Would this be a want, because it's not crucial to their survival that they go glucose free, or would it be a need because it still makes them sick to try and process it, and is overall detrimental to their health? There's an infinite amount of these little details that are handled on a daily basis by individuals themselves. After all, you should know what's best for you right? It would be practically impossible for a government to try and sort through the plethora of minute conditions and disabilities that individuals are able to take care of by themselves.
Even if a government was able to process and handle all this information successfully, it would be ludicrous to think that there wouldn't be private markets within the communist society. Lets assume that there are two citizens, each issued bread and cheese. Next, lets say that one citizen prefers the taste of cheese over bread, and vice versa. Eventually these two citizens get together and trade their unwanted goods for wanted goods, after all, they both have something the other one wants. This goes on for weeks until they finally decide to start trading bananas for oranges, water for soda, the list goes on and on. Maybe someone even finds a way to end up with two wheels of cheese for every loaf of bread he gives away. This is a free market which runs off of mutually beneficial transactions between two or more parties. The problem with communism is that you are the only person who knows what's best for you. Not your friends, not your teacher, and certainly not your government. Only you.
Saberen

Pro

"The problem with the postulation that human greed can be ended is that no matter how good we have it, there will always be something else that we want." This is an assumption. Under our current sociological and cultural mindset this may be true. But We only have seemingly infinite material wants because the market produces far more than we can consume. Let me reference the Marxist theory of Base and Superstructure( https://en.wikipedia.org... ).

"Some people are born with diabetes, some are born with allergies, so how could a government distinguish between these peoples' needs and wants in accordance to their disabilites?" I don't know what you mean. Communism is a stateless society. It is the final transition from capitalism to communism. In a communist society these needed medication would be produced by specialised syndicates.

The rest of your argument is a Strawman. I clearly said in the definition that communism was stateless. Please re-write your arguments accordingly.
MeinWeltschmerz

Con

MeinWeltschmerz forfeited this round.
Saberen

Pro

If my opponent does not create a counter argument i will claim victory.
MeinWeltschmerz

Con

MeinWeltschmerz forfeited this round.