AlexEstellePelegrin
Racer_X

Communism vs capitalism

AlexEstellePelegrin

Pro

So, in this world I've set up for the purposes of the debate, both theories exist, but neither has been exploited. We are a group of people trying to decide the fate of our society, and we have two theories to consider: capitalism and communism. I am the half that is arguing for communism, Vi is arguing for capitalism. All we have are the ideas and writings of those like Adam Smith and Karl Marx. Good Luck in this debate ;-)

I think that communism is a way of society that from the bourgeoisie, to communism Chinese, the society which is living there, is happy with it.
We have got some books, like Marx, and Engels, that describe the bases of communism, these books are very good for society, because they show us a different way of society and another way to see the world.
Now you will probably tell me to me to look to Cuba, North Korea... but these countries are not communists right now, those countries are dictatorial countries, but they started by a communist society and they ended in dictatorial society. The one who is communist is China and now it will probably be one of the future best economy countries, and it has got a lot of products exported. It has got a lot of poverty and this is the weak point of communism, that some people are poor but I think that in general, it's one of the best countries in the world.
The idea of money has been abolished as well, since every worker is equal and receives the same 'payment'; though I will venture to say that there is no real payment, as much as an availability to the same resources and privileges as everyone else.
Racer_X

Con

Communism at it's core defies nature. It certainly defies human nature.

The idea that people should be given the same resources equally is preposterous. We as humans cannot expect other humans to simply accept equal things like food, housing and social status. The same drive in humans that compel us to explore lost continents, venture into space, an build a better mouse trap is the same drive at will not allow us humans (as a whole) to settle for equality and the status quo. Nature itself would not allow any species on Earth to not evolve. Nature compels all species to advance. The alpha male mates with the alpha female (or vice versa). Bacteria and virus constantly mutate to defeat controls like penicillin anti biotics. All life on this planet is constantly striving to build, learn or adapt to a better way of life. Nature's rule is constant and never changing: Advance and survive.
AlexEstellePelegrin

Pro

AlexEstellePelegrin forfeited this round.
Racer_X

Con

Last round was forfeited by my opponent.
AlexEstellePelegrin

Pro

Racer_X

Con

I guess I win default....wow, that was fun...