Nyx999
BaseBool

Communism vs. Capitalism (this is a PHILOSOPHY debate)

Nyx999

Pro

I believe that communism is better than capitalism. (In theory) Anyone disagree?
BaseBool

Con

I will be arguing that communism is not better then capitalism. Also you are making the claim so you must provide evidence for this claim.
Nyx999

Pro

Well, this is a theoretical debate, just for fun, so there won't be any numbers or anything, I just want to put that out there. I also want to say, I will only provide sources if you ask for them because otherwise it is just too much of a hassle, and it wears on my buzz. :) Anyway, I believe that communism in theory, is better than capititalism since communism is an utopia dreamt up by Karl Marx. Communism makes everybody equal, with communism, nobody really owns anything, everybody has everything, everybody has a house, everybody has food, everybody gets an education, and everybody is equal. There will be significantly less crime since there isn't really anything that anybody has that you don't have, and so you shouldn't really go through a lot of trouble (beating up someone, killing someone, threatning someone) to get it. I would like to point out, that even though this is an utopia, it will never work since there has to be a firm and fair government, and that rarely ever happens since humans are generally very evil, but in theory, if people were nice and didn't try to take everything for themselves, communism is an utopia.
BaseBool

Con

BaseBool forfeited this round.
Nyx999

Pro

Come on, forfeiting? Ugh, that's not very nice of you. :( Anyway, communism is infinitely better than capitalism. In capitalism, it's survival of the fittest, and people will stomp and crush each other in the race to get to the top. Nobody cares about the little guy in capitalism, in fact, the little guy is used up and thrown away, especially with businesses with few government restrictions, the company will strip a person of every right he has and work him to the bone. Companies are soulless, and if you let all these companies compete, they will crush innocent people in their path. Communism is the only way where everybody is happy, and everybody is safe, educated, and well-cared for.
BaseBool

Con

BaseBool forfeited this round.
Nyx999

Pro

Forfeiting is no fun. :( Voters, I hope you take notice of my opponents forfeits and vote communism. Please hold no prejudice against this system.
BaseBool

Con

BaseBool forfeited this round.
Nyx999

Pro

This is just ridiculous. People, even if you DO prefer capitalism to communism, than at least see the rudeness of my opponent and vote communism. I was so excited to debate this topic...
BaseBool

Con

BaseBool forfeited this round.