huppypuppy
janczi95

Communism

huppypuppy

huppypuppy

Pro

This is a debate where I will be defending communism. The aim of this argument is to determine if Communism is a moral idea (It is a utopian idea so I realize that it is not very realistic, but some people may disagree with me about its morality)

Good Luck To My Opponent
janczi95

Con

Human beings are naturally competitive creatures. This competitiveness has greatly contributed to most achievements in various fields and a society is needed that embraces human nature. Apart from that, history has shown us numerous examples of failed attempts to establish communism that have resulted in both economic decline as well as moral atrocities. I also believe that extreme directions in politics have no potential of improving our society.
huppypuppy

Pro

Human beings are capable of controlling their natural instincts. We wear clothes, we brush our teeth, and these are not natural things but after years of doing them they have been hard wired into our bodies. Humans evolve, and we can change. We cannot see a homeless man on the side of the road and just conclude he is there because "Humans are naturally competitive, and he lost the competition". We have done so much to leave behind our natural feelings to take into accoutn morality and justice.
janczi95

Con

Respect and compassion are as much a part of human nature as aggression and competitiveness. Unfortunately in times of political unrest, such as the rise of communism would surely produce, primal instincts are often the most prominent. Look at the USSR, North Korea, Cambodia etc. has the rise of "Communism" contributed to people in these places becoming kind and compassionate? In my opinion, we do not need another attempt at a Utopian society especially if, as is the case with communism, if violence is inevitably needed to establish it.
huppypuppy

Pro

Good point but we must remember that the soviet union after lenin, china, cuba, and the other so called "Communist" countries were not really communist, but just as violence rises when the bible or quaran are misinterpreted, violence will arise when the manifesto is misinterpreted. Also, Lenin's Russia became the first country to legalize homosexuality and abortion. In Chile a communist president was democratically elected, and the only violence that took place was a coup de tat against him by the CIA. So although it seems that communism is the root of the violence you could also see the countries opposing communism to be the root.
janczi95

Con

janczi95 forfeited this round.
Posted by huppypuppy 1 year ago
huppypuppy
Sorry about the spelling error in my last argument I meant "Account".
Vote Placed by donald.keller 1 year ago
donald.keller
huppypuppyjanczi95Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff.