soymilkilmyos
RonPaulConservative

Communism

soymilkilmyos has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

soymilkilmyos

Pro

I put I was pro only because their is no neutral option, Anyways my question is do you think communism could work? Are you pro or anti communism why or why not?
RonPaulConservative

Con

I oppose communism because stealing other peoples property is wrong.
Posted by Youdontknowjeff 1 year ago
Youdontknowjeff
I like stephan. But the reason peopke consider the NAP idealistic is not unreasonable. As i said I personally apply it. I believe the NAP is a core principle to a better society. What makes it idealistic is the idea that enough humans absorb it as a core principle.
Posted by Youdontknowjeff 1 year ago
Youdontknowjeff
You are generalizing. Freedom is a state of mind not a system. Technically the united states along with all developed nations exist as daul economies. Meaning aspects of capitalism and socialism are exercised. The system we live under in the united states is in a constant evolution. It changes and grows with technology and culture. I am certianly not against freedom. While i find the non aggression principle to be idealistic I employ it as personal philosophy.
Posted by RonPaulConservative 1 year ago
RonPaulConservative
@Youdontknowjeff
Better system? What are we going to find a substitute for freedom? Because I don't want it.
Posted by Youdontknowjeff 1 year ago
Youdontknowjeff
I agree there could be a better system. Our systems have evolved over time and will continue to do so. Personally I believe the internet will exponentially accelerate this process. As more people have access to information. Core values have to mature and in some cases change entirely to foster in a better system.
Posted by marctjester 1 year ago
marctjester
I'm not a proponent of communism, either. I fully agree that it is susceptible to totalitarianism. It doesn't mean that there can not be a better system.
Posted by marctjester 1 year ago
marctjester
"Communism relies on everyone contributing."
In your mind, humans are too selfish to be motivated by a system that would better encourage interconnection between individuals than our current one which systematically impedes on that connection? It does this in many ways but also by making the necessaries for survival prioritized for oneself and usually results as being careless to others. That's why many times crime is committed out of scarcity. Don't you think that basic needs should be equally provided considering the massive wealth inequality today that seems to have no respect anyways to how hard one works. Or do you really believe that these people who make 100 times the amount of another who works even harder is fair. Where is the fairness in this incentivized system? In your opinion, they are too selfish to be motivated by the fact that they're actually benefiting humankind in collaberation, working not for their mere survival but to preserve life, rather than by free competition or profiteering to balance their varying degree of their financial insecurities?
Posted by Youdontknowjeff 1 year ago
Youdontknowjeff
Communism is and has been to vulnerable to totalitarian regimes.
Posted by NeuralNetwork 1 year ago
NeuralNetwork
Communism has never worked, it never will. I would debate this but I already have too many debates active. China's GDP became a mountain of growth after implementing capitalist economics. Communism relies on everyone contributing. In my mind humans are too selfish. Why should I work really hard when I will receive the same amount of food or products as doing absolutely nothing. There is no driving force to innovate or work harder. Though there is no such thing as pure communism with a government, most of these "communist" governments take advantage of the people and claim to move towards the path of zero government.