dr.jimmythefish
RonPaulConservative

Communist's moral goals

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

dr.jimmythefish

Pro

This debate is on the validity of the claims of the communist manifesto; is there a oppressed people in today's society? I believe there is; the world has three peoples the poor who remain poor, the middle class who fight to not be poor, and the rich who feel the need to become endlessly richer. This process of competition endlessly screws the poor. They are considered fodder to be ripped off. Those who resist are branded radical leftists, or communists.
RonPaulConservative

Con

There is no 'poor who remain poor,' someone in America working for 7.25$ a hour is still better off than a poor person would have been 100 years ago, the poor have been getting richer and richer due to capitalism.
If you told someone in 1924 that you owned a car, ate chicken regularly, earned 7.25$ a hour, and were able to afford 5 sets of cloths, they'd think you were one of the super-rich, but this quality of living is available to someone working for minimum wage.
dr.jimmythefish

Pro

That can be put down to progress and I refer to the world not your Isolationist vision of America.
RonPaulConservative

Con

What can be put down to progress? Under Comunism progress is impossible as private propery would be abolished. Even if all the wealt was equaly distributed in 1880's everyone would be living in conditions that today we would define as abject poverty. Preventing progress and stiffling the progress of opulence is not moral, had we adopted this idea- can you imagine what our quality of living would be like if our industry were at the level it was 100 years ago?
dr.jimmythefish

Pro

Why do equate private property and progress? And we are discussing morality not pragmatism. The Communist party in Russia made great progress turning what was a back woods empire into a superpower.
RonPaulConservative

Con

Well you weren't talking about morality, I tried to disprove your claim that Capitalism creates perpetual poverty, which is just not the case. Fact is thre is nothing moral about stealing from other people and stiffling economic growth.Why did this debate have to have a charactar limit of 500?
dr.jimmythefish

Pro

The Moral Demand of Communism is the liberastartion of the proletariat or the poir; my argument stated thus. And I assume you are claiming that I steal. Capitalist society steals people. You force others to work in appalling conditions just to get by. This is immoral. Economic growth; a term used tby capitalists to describe how big and oppressive their corporations are.
RonPaulConservative

Con

You honestly don't know what you're talking about, no one is forced to work in capitalism, the exchanges are volluntary. The poor aren't enslaved, and the proletarians were an ancient Roman group. Capitalism doesn't steal people,it doesn't steal anything, that's communism. Stealing is defined as taking someone elses property without their permission, i.e. stealing the means of production or someone elses money, not turning a profit, that's production.
dr.jimmythefish

Pro

In a capitalist society I as the proletariat am required to work long hours in terrible conditions for the privilege of not being a hobo. Also, the proletariat is not a Roman people, but the oppressed. I would NEVER take anyone's money I would BURN it. Capitalism degrades the common working man into "time's carcass", a being only worth what it can produce. You claim I am ignorant, I have read both arguments both the communist manifesto and the works of John Locke.
RonPaulConservative

Con

Capitalism offers people a better quality of living than they otherwise would be able to afford, but enable to get something out of the system, you need to put something into the system. Enable to not be a hobo, you need a house, and houses require resources to build and maintain, thus you must provide those resources, because they have to come from somewhere, and you are the one who is benefiting from them being employed. This is entirely reasonable and nothing to complain about.
Posted by RonPaulConservative 1 year ago
RonPaulConservative
@dr.jimmythefish
Is that why we have a Socialist president and a Communist won the Democratic Nomination (Bernie Sanders), communism has been rejected by most intelligent people because it's just stupid, and immoral.
Posted by dr.jimmythefish 1 year ago
dr.jimmythefish
Capitalist society has brainwashed you all to hate Communism in any form.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
I was not there.
http://culture.pl...
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Food queus+communism+1980+human rights+++++
RonPaulConservative
what?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Google around 1980
RonPaulConservative
When?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
They are not communist. Remember when 1/2 of the world had communism ?
RonPaulConservative
@canis
Everyone has food on the table- it's virtually impossible to starve in America
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Moral goals means nothing. Food on the table does.