piefav
naw

Competitive video games should be considered a sport.

piefav
Started: 12/3/2015 Category: Sports

piefav

Pro

First round is acceptance. Keep in mind I am stating that only COMPETITIVE video games should be considered sport.
naw

Con

you think that a video game can be called a sport. Wow. Back, I don't know, about twenty years ago, people went outside and that was called a sport. Football is a sport, even cheer leading is a sport. Sitting in your house on your butt is not playing a sport. That is just highly offensive to sport players like myself. I play sports. You name it, I can play it. People wonder why there is childhood obesity. Because dumb people like these think that playing a video game is a sport. I mean, get real, people.
piefav

Pro

According to dictionary.com, sport is an aphetic form of disport, which means "To divert or amuse (oneself)" According to SportAccord, for something to be considered a sport, the following guidelines must be met:
Have an element of competition
Be in no way harmful to any living creature
Not rely on equipment provided by a single supplier (excluding proprietary games such as arena football)
Not rely on any "luck" element specifically designed into the sport

Competitive video games have an element of competition, are not harmful (when played by guidelines as with any other sport), are generally proprietary, and don't rely on any "luck" element.
naw

Con

naw forfeited this round.
piefav

Pro

Hopefully Naw can make a good argument in the last round.
naw

Con

naw forfeited this round.
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
Questionable statement by Con in the first round. Con didn't even follow the single, simple rule that Pro laid out. How is this statement offensive? Only time will tell, and Con might have to spend the rest of their turns explaining reasonably what drew them to that conclusion.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
piefavnawTied