AlishaPennington
Fsociety

Complexity can come from chaos.

AlishaPennington

Pro

So many times, I've heard people look to complex things that exist in the universe and insist that it had to be created by someone or something. Fsociety, I have this question for you: Can something as complex as a god create himself/herself/itself? If it can be eternal, why not the universe? Who created him/her/it? By your standards, it couldn't very well have created itself. You are using god as a consolation for how, and why.
God could have created man, but where is god's creator? Undoubtedly his brain would have to be significantly more complex than ours. If complexity can't come from chaos, then who created the complexity of god? Why this double-standard?
Religion is a means with which people can totally avoid the questions of "how" and "why". Just because we don't have the answers doesn't mean we can't ask the question.
It's arrogant for people to assert that they know the answers to the questions "how and "why" when they don't have the proof to back it up.
Fsociety

Con

I accept my opponent's challenge , and wish to continue the discussion of this topic . Firstly, we need to understand the definition of the terms 'Complexity' and 'chaos'.
Complexity: The state or quality of being intricate or complicated / Of composite nature
Chaos: Complete disorder and confusion/ A total lack of order
Now, by definition alone , one can note that the above terms are complete opposites of one another, thus it is only logical to assume that chaos cannot create complexity, based on our understanding of these terms . How can total disorder become absolute intricasy?How can the perfect balance of nature be the result of complete confusion?The use of this logic explains why many people believe that the complexity of the universe can only be the work of a complex creator. Therefore, it is of utmost hypocrisy and stupidity to believe that a complex God can create Himself . This only means one thing : A creator has always been present/A creator is eternal. If,however,one does believe that a creator has always been present, it is also reasonable to apply that same concept and infer that the universe,like the creator,could also have been eternal , without a creator itself (as stated by my opponent). I simply believe that 'a nothing' cannot create 'a something'. The art cannot create the artist. "Where is the evidence that a God created the universe ?" , you ask . 'Where is the evidence that a God did not?',I ask .
AlishaPennington

Pro

AlishaPennington forfeited this round.
Fsociety

Con

Fsociety forfeited this round.
AlishaPennington

Pro

AlishaPennington forfeited this round.
Fsociety

Con

Fsociety forfeited this round.