kingKP
steviemarie

Computer Is A Boon or a Bane

kingKP

Pro

Some people say that the invention of computers is one of the greatest Invention of humankind. However, other people think that computers make their life more stressful. But, I agree with those who think that computers brought many benefits and play a very important role in our modern life.

First of all, every company nowadays uses a computer to store its data and to make different kinds of operations. It is very difficult to imagine life without computers. A company would have had to store millions of papers and documents if there wouldn't have been any computer. Moreover, a customer would have had to wait for hours to check his balance or get a piece of information about his transactions and a bank employee would have been looking through his papers manually, if computers wouldn't have been invented. Another usefull aspect of computers is that we can store all our information whether it is personal or business related, we can even update or modify the stored information, and also, can print or send the stored information in the form of documents using computers. It has made life much easier. One can spend the rest of the time watching TV with his family or working on something new.

We use computers every day, sometimes even not knowing it. When we go to a store and use our credit card, many computers process our information and perform transactions to pay our bills. When we need to get some cash, we use money access machines (ATMs) that are computerized too.

Computer has provided the greatest means of communication that is the Internet, an ever growing virtual world. I think it is the easiest and the cheapest way to get in touch with relatives, friends, business colleagues, etc. Nowadays, the world is becoming smaller and smaller. When I was a little boy, I had never imagined at that time that someday it will be possible to communicate with people from all around the world so easily. A person can do many things through internet like reading latest news, chatting on social networking sites with people of different countries, searching his old friends, getting a piece of advice or searching an answer to some old query. The benefits of computer are endless.

Finally, in addition to these practical benefits, people can shop without leaving their home. They just require an Internet connection, a computer and a credit card to make payments. Just a few years ago, people had to go out for shopping in crowded malls and had to spend their time in lines buying tickets. Now, a person can choose any destination, or company, and any date-time and can get the tickets delivered to his door step. I think it is an amazing discovery.

To sum up, I believe that computers had made our lives much easier. They had changed our attitude towards life. I think with the invention of computers, people have become closer and more friendlier.
steviemarie

Con

I accept this debate.

Socities before us that had no access to computers got on just fine.

Computers cst a lot to make and produce and often are subject to malfunction.

People have grown more impatient with the addition of computers to everyday life, thinking every think can happen in one "click" when in fact things take much longer than that.

Cyber bullying and identity theft are the by products of every day computer use.
kingKP

Pro

kingKP forfeited this round.
steviemarie

Con

steviemarie forfeited this round.
kingKP

Pro

kingKP forfeited this round.
steviemarie

Con

steviemarie forfeited this round.
kingKP

Pro

kingKP forfeited this round.
steviemarie

Con

steviemarie forfeited this round.
Posted by Shinzo 2 years ago
Shinzo
This is a rough debatable topic as not many people really like to side with computers being evil in our society. I mean, their popularity and means of making modern life easier disagrees greatly with that unless you watch too much Terminator.
I think if anything, it isn't the fact that computers are making life more difficult but our continous forwarding through today's society. We just keep advancing every single day in new ways and use different means to survive. It's prett strange. It can even make things difficult, confusing, and complexed.
Posted by tvellalott 2 years ago
tvellalott
I think I did this debate before.
I agree with Pro but I debate Con.