jeevan
Yorble

Computers subject is far better that Commerce

Yorble

jeevan

Pro

It is my pleasure to argue about this topic.
First of all, I strongly feel that Computers is far better that Commerce, as the word COMPUTER makes sense by itself. But, speaking frankly, I do not at all understand the meaning of the term, COMMERCE.
When I Googled the topic Commerce, I got to know that "Commerce means the whole system of an economy that constitutes an environment for business". I conclude from this definition, that commerce is an subject relating to money. Thinking logically, I feel that Computers is at most necessary for commerce as for the printing or manufacture of money, computers is needed exclusively.

This is the argument from my side, and I feel this kick start for this topic is more that enough.
Yorble

Con

I thank my opponent for this opportunity. Let me begin by using a dictionary to define a few key terms.
Commerce: the exchange or buying and selling of commodities on a large scale involving transportation from place to place (http://www.merriam-webster.com...)
Computer: one that computes; specifically : a programmable usually electronic device that can store, retrieve, and process data (http://www.merriam-webster.com...)
Subject: the person or thing that is being discussed or described
( http://www.learnersdictionary.com...)

With that in mind, let’s look at what Pro said again. “I strongly feel that Computers is far better that Commerce, as the word COMPUTER makes sense by itself. But, speaking frankly, I do not at all understand the meaning of the term, COMMERCE.” That’s the case for you. However, this debate goes further than just your opinion. If we were to walk into a company’s logistics department, everyone would know what we’re talking about. “Thinking logically, I feel that Computers is at most necessary for commerce as for the printing or manufacture of money, computers is needed exclusively.” Computers did not play a role in the old days at all. Think back to the Silk Road times, when people traded goods in large scales over long distances[1]. Did they have an IPad to help them keep track of their stock? Nope. Finally, the debate’s topic is that “Computers subject” is far better than commerce. My argument on why commerce is better than computers? It’s been around for far longer, and facilitated mass computer distribution. Without commerce, only a small group of people would even know about the existence of this machine!

Also, in the same link, you can see a coin they used. No fancy gadgets.
[1] http://www.livius.org...
jeevan

Pro

You say that we need to trace back to the old golden ages of silk time.... But come on... GROW UP.... I am not talking about Commerce and Computers in the 18th century... we are now in the 21st century... think practically.... Commerce is something that wholly deals with transactions. Now that the barter system is abolished, we have to trade using money. And you might argue that a large number of workers are required to run those machines which print money. But nevertheless, if they call me, even without thinking twice, I would have switched on the machine and got back home (without talking salary). Hence, in this regard, I completely argue that computers is more important that commerce.
Yorble

Con

The silk road example was used to disprove your theory that commerce has been around before computers. Also, I never suggested that society as a whole is supposed to go back to those times.

Let me once again reming my oppponent that without comerce to assist us, computers would never be widespreadly avaliable. Think about it. How do Dell, Compaq, etc; get their goods to all of the stores on time for everyone to buy them? Commerce. Why do we have a CHAMBER of commerce in what one could call the number one superpower country?
jeevan

Pro

Dear opponent..... I agree that the computers are transported using commerce.... Thinking logically once again... Show me a commerce student or an commerce expert who can work without computers???? Without computers for a day, they feel that they are handicap. Hence, its my opinion that you better voe that computers is better than commerce as from no angle do I can see commerce working without computers in the present day situation!!!
Yorble

Con

"from no angle do I can see commerce working without computers in the present day situation!!!"

Simple. Farmers are an active pat of commerce, and live in rural areas to this day. As they go to the market and sell bulk loads of produce, they show that it is all too possible to participate in the commercial beauty in today's society.

I rest my case, vote Con.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 3 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
jeevanYorbleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro, you need to focus, insults are not going to help your argument. Con, solid showing.
Vote Placed by ReformedArsenal 3 years ago
ReformedArsenal
jeevanYorbleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow... it is very rare that I actually vote 7 against someone... but this one did it. Phrases like "But come on... GROW UP...." lose conduct. There is little or no actual spelling or grammar used in Pro's posts... Furthermore, Pro's argument rests on Commerce being dependent on computers, but there are HUGE parts of the world where commerce happens without computers. Finally, Con used sources, pro did not.