Concept of God

Debate about concept of God in the Quran & Bible.

im muslim and i think the concept of god in the quran is outruns the concept in the bible. so this debate for christains or jews according to the bible.

according the concept of God we can determine the level of that specific religion. the more its has a disadvantages and its sound irrational the more its becomes fictional. here my reasons...

- Does God sleep?

Bible says:

Psalm 78:65
Then the Lord awoke as from sleep,
as a man wakes from the stupor of wine.

Psalm 44:23
Awake, O Lord! Why do you sleep?
Rouse yourself! Do not reject us forever.

Quran says:
Surah 2:255
Allah! There is no Allah save Him, the Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor sleep overtaketh Him.

- Gods power

Bible says:

Genesis 32:28
Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, [a] because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."

Quran says:
Surah 22:74
They measure not God with His true measure; surely God is All-strong, All-mighty.

- Does God relax?

Bible says:
Exodus 31:17
for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
Genesis 2:2
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work

Quran says:
Surah 50:38
We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us.

- Can God be Seen?

Bible says:
Genesis 32:30
30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."

Exodus 24:9,10
9 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself.

These verses contradict with
Exodus 33:20
But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Quran says:
Surah 6:103
No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.

- God's Description

Bible says:
2 Samuel 22:9-11
9 Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.
He mounted the cherubim (young bueatiful angels) and flew;
he soared on the wings of the wind.

isaiah 7:20
In that day the Lord will shave with a razor that is hired beyond the River—with the king of Assyria—the head and the hair of the feet, and it will sweep away the beard also.

Quran says:
Surah 16:74
Therefore do not give likenesses to Allah; surely Allah knows and you do not know.

- Is God Just?

Bible says:

Job 19:6-7
6 then know that God has wronged me
and drawn his net around me.
7 "Though I cry, 'I've been wronged!' I get no response;
though I call for help, there is no justice.

Quran says:
Surah 10:44
Verily, God wrongs not man at all, but men do wrong themselves.

Surah 4:40
Surely Allah does not do injustice to the weight of an atom, and if it is a good deed He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward.

- Does God eat?

Bible says:

Genesis 18:
18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him (with 2 angels... 18:5/8 and they did eat."

Quran says:
Surah 6:14
Say, "Is it other than Allah I should take as a protector, Creator of the heavens and the earth, while it is He who feeds and is not fed?"

- God Commands Shameful Deeds?

Bible says:
Isaiah 20:2-3
at that time the LORD spoke through Isaiah son of Amoz. He said to him, "Take off the sackcloth from your body and the sandals from your feet." And he did so, going around stripped and barefoot. Then the LORD said, "Just as my servant Isaiah has gone stripped and barefoot for three years, as a sign and portent against Egypt and Cush,

Malachi 2:3
Behold, I will rebuke your offspring, and spread dung on your faces, the dung of your offerings, and you shall be taken away with it.

Ezekiel 4:12
And you shall eat it as a barley cake, baking it in their sight on human dung."

Quran says:
Surah 7:28
When they do aught that is shameful, they say: "We found our fathers doing so"; and "Allah commanded us thus": Say: "Nay, Allah never commands what is shameful: do ye say of Allah what ye know not?"

- God punishing

Bible says:
Exodus 20:5
You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,

Leviticus 26:18
'If also after these things you do not obey Me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

Quran says:
Surah 4:40
Allah is never unjust in the least degree: If there is any good (done), He doubleth it, and giveth from His own presence a great reward.

Surah 28:84
Whoever comes [on the Day of Judgement] with a good deed will have better than it; and whoever comes with an evil deed - then those who did evil deeds will not be recompensed except [as much as] what they used to do.

- God having a son

Bible says:

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son
"I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Quran says:
Surah 2:116
"They say: 'God hath begotten a son' :Glory be to Him.-Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: everything renders worship to Him.
Surah 19:90
At it the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin,That they attribute to the Most Merciful a son.

- Is God unhelpful?

Bible says:
Psalm 44:24
Why do you hide your face
and forget our misery and oppression?

Quran says:
Surah 27:62
Or, Who listens to the (soul) distressed when it calls on Him, and Who relieves its suffering, and makes you (mankind) inheritors of the earth? (Can there be another) god besides God? Little it is that ye heed!

Hello. I used to be muslim and I live in Turkey but I believe if you start to think outside of the box, you will realize that Qur'an has LOTS of contradictions in its own. For Example Qur'an mentions about men having a right to have multiple wives. Even though it was for the war time, with all respect, Should have been more informative.

- Qur'an made the concept of god seem mysterious, which makes foreign people to believe in 'Allah' unrealistic. Which just goes against with Qur'an itself again. Because Qur'an claims that only muslims can enter heaven.

Also, it is totally natural for a human being to not believe in something that he ;
has not felt,
has not seen,
has not heard,
is inferior than.

So If we think for a minute, Yes. There are things that we should be thankful for, but whom ? Is it Allah ? Or is it someone whom we witnessed their mercy and good will.

Again with all due respect, I believe that Qur'an was written wide open for a lot of misunderstandings as it does not involve any specific information.

So the thing we must be questioning should not be ' Who is the right god ? ' it should be 'Why god ? '

Dude, first of all you say are athiest, you are not qualified so are ruining the debate. we dont need to know that you are ex-muslim
or that the Qur'an has LOTS of contradictions and marrige is not the issue here. if you have problem with the Quran go to ferums and write there whatever you want and dont ruin peoples debates.

so you are a chicken.

I think you are too scared to counter my arguments because we both know you are stuck now.

What are you stupid or what? why you ruining the debate? go to forums what do you want from me here its not the right place, althoight u got easy stuff to answer. please go to forums and cast there all things your mind getting on.

You still haven't answered my question. That means you are no match for countering my arguments. Also please work on your grammar. People won't take you seriously until you can speak in the right way.
Posted by POPOO5560 2 years ago
mendel no problem... so the debate is the concept of god in the quran and bible?
Posted by mendel 2 years ago
Hey mr. popo we just had a debate recently. If you want to challenge me to this debate you're welcome to. In all honesty, basically all the verses you brought were either mistranslations as i can prove easily or simply a misunderstanding of the context as i can also show.
Posted by POPOO5560 2 years ago
You know what ? do what ever you want here or open new one...
Posted by Geogeer 2 years ago
If you prefer a separate debate debate that is fine, I view the two as essentially the same, but if you can establish the nature, everything else falls into place. Do you want me to issue the challenge?
Posted by POPOO5560 2 years ago
Geogeer well we can do it ( on the Trinity and Islamic concept) on another debate coz its a little bit different yep?
Posted by Geogeer 2 years ago
Would I be limited to the bible or am I allowed to debate the Christian concept of the Trinity vs the Islamic concept of Allah?
Posted by Geogeer 2 years ago
Very tempting. I just don't know if I have the time.
Posted by POPOO5560 2 years ago
Posted by POPOO5560 2 years ago
1 well you can give a refrences of the passages that taken out of context and talking about...
2 No. we believe that God inspired the originals - the revelation of Moses and Jesus (pbut) not mark luke john mattew or genesis exodus... and i dont have to prove to you that, because christians themselfs saying that these scriptures are not the originals why i need to go out of my way to say that its the original?
Posted by lolzors93 2 years ago
(1) Many of these passages are taken way out of context.
(2) You do realize that the Old Testament, and parts of the New Testament, are considered just as God inspired as the Quran, correct?
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro explicitly stated that this debate was for Christians or Jews. Con failed to debate the topic. Argument to Pro. Conduct equal.