LeStudMuffin
Kaynex

Concerning Gun Control...

LeStudMuffin

Con

Here's my position on this:
Gun control is ridiculous. Evil wil always find a way to do evil. Sure, a background check may be necessary, but taking guns away is only taking them out of the hands of the victims.
Kaynex

Pro

Hello LeStudMuffin! Interesting debate, very nice topic, I just had to take it.

My position is that guns are dangerous, people should not have them. If guns were not sold to the public, there would be a massive decrease in gun-related incidents and injury.
LeStudMuffin

Con

Hello, Kaynex. I do agree that gun-related crimes, injuries, etc. would be decreased, simply because no one would have them. However, how I see it, if a man wanted to kill a man and didn't have a gun, the murder may be a bit more gruesome. This may not mean much to you, or it may mean a lot. But simply put, Guns are as needed as they are unnecessary. Much like technology and the internet. They can be of great assistance, to gather information and such things, but can also be abused.
Kaynex

Pro

Absolutely no problem, thank you for making this an accessible and welcome debate. I'm here to learn and teach, not to offend.

I agree that a premeditated murder, with or without guns, would be carried out. There's no avoiding this. However, one thing we have to realize is that most murders are not premeditated. Often times, the person pulls out a gun and then decides he's capable. As would be expected, the states with the most guns have the most murders.

The main problems with owning guns is that they're dangerous. It's much harder to accidentally stab someone than in is to accidentally shoot them, hunting accidents happen several times a year. Unfortunately, you don't have to know how to use a gun to fire one.

It's been shown that introducing a gun into your house makes it significantly more dangerous, NOT safer. According to comedian Jim Jefferies, you're 80% more likely to use that gun on yourself instead of anybody else.
In Jackman's experiment, where boys aged 8-12 were placed in a room with 1 hidden gun, and 2 hidden water pistols, 1/3 of all the groups had pulled the trigger of the real one. 1/2 of the groups weren't certain or didn't know it was a real gun. The gun was a .380 caliber, heavy, different from the water guns. These kids are quite old, as well.

Campbell's research shows that women who are abused by the spouse are 41 times more likely to be killed if the abuser brings a gun into the situation. If the abuse continues but the gun use stops, this effect is no longer significant. In general, abusers that own guns, even if they don't use them, test to deal the most serious abuse. If the boyfriend owns a firearm, it is slightly more likely that he is an abuser.

Guns, in general, would work better if everyone was armed in a self-defense setting. Unfortunately, according to a 2011 poll from Gallup, only 34% of Americans own guns, and on average, they own 10 guns each. If you own a gun, you are more likely not to have an education past high school. This is novelty collection, not self-defense.
LeStudMuffin

Con

LeStudMuffin forfeited this round.
Kaynex

Pro

Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion here.
Posted by hoss2221 2 years ago
hoss2221
69 all you female dogs on my way to yo mommas house
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Most gun violence is in gun free zones. That should end this argument right there.
Posted by LeStudMuffin 2 years ago
LeStudMuffin
An excellent point to be made. I must say, that was quite the comment there. Thank you for the input.
Posted by Specopleader 2 years ago
Specopleader
(According to the U.S.) The most important purpose and long-term assurance of liberty is being ignored here or has not yet been mentioned. The implications of the U.S. Constitution's right to sovereignty of a people, and the 2nd amendment is established with the larger-scale threat in mind. Along with a standing navy, an armed and responsible people (is deemed most effective and self-organized to assure no corruption) is established to protect that sovereignty against any foreign invasion in defense. It is also the means to withhold the Constitution, and the overall liberty of the people, to defend against domestic tyranny at its most extreme phase. This is more prevalent every year that passes, since absurd acts of unreasonable injustice, big and small, take place. Elite-driven conspiracies and staged wars and events increasing global tension have and has occurred around the world and within the United States government, as you see more radical changes in society so distant from the philosophy of real freedom and liberty. This subject is not simply about domestic petty crimes.
Posted by LeStudMuffin 2 years ago
LeStudMuffin
I must say, thank you, Kaynex, for your debate etiquette.
Posted by LeStudMuffin 2 years ago
LeStudMuffin
They were legally obtained, sure. But taking guns away is only going to make more successful murder cases, rather than reducing murder cases. The reason I say that is because that takes away self-defense gun access.
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
The problem is that more than half of all guns used by criminals were legally obtained. If we restrict said obtainment, then we reduce criminal access to guns by half. Furthermore, the reason why so many criminals don't use guns is because the black market is expensive and dangerous. More government oversight will make the black market more expensive and more dangerous, making fewer criminals use guns.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
My definition of gun control is you hitting what you are aiming at.