jack.robbins90
Cowboy0108

Congress should prioritize energy development over all other areas of the budget

jack.robbins90

Pro

RULES- I would just like to start off with a few key rules. First off the first round should be a brief outline with an intro. You can choose to put definitions in here or in the case. 2nd round is the cases of each side. 3rd round is a rebuttal opportunity with the 4th and final round being a final focus showing why you have won the round. Also all sources must be accessible to both parties to be considered valid although logical thought process without sources must be acknowledge as well and can't be dismissed on the basis of not having a source. All points not addressed stand and issues regarding framework and interpretation of the resolution must be addressed in the 2nd and 3rd round as if we were to enter the 4th round without a debate on this it could lead to arguments that don't conflict.

EXACT WORDING-
Resolved: The 113th U.S. Congress should prioritize energy development over any other domestic policy.

In this day and age the benefits of promoting energy development here in the United States are widely over looked. If the current congress can agree on new energy reforms that promote the growth of alternative fuels and congenital fuels the effects would be exactly what America needs at this moment. With this in mind I offer the following contentions to support my position

1. Promoting energy development can lead to economic sustainability and get us out of our current recession

2. Advocating for alternative energies supports the environment and leaves resources for future generations

3. American made energy protects our interests in foreign policy

4. Reforming energy policy would lead to a more educated populace and keep more jobs in the hands of American workers.

Thank you to the future CON debater for accepting my challenge.
Cowboy0108

Con

How about intead of promoting energy development, we use the source of energy that we already have. Drill for oil in Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico, and all other domestic sources of oil.
1. Drilling for our own oil can also lead to economic sustainability by lowering gas prices. The idea that congress should prioritize spending on alternative energy will take money away from where it is needed, and put it into an idea that is expensive for the private citizens to adopt. Even if the energy is adopted, people will still not be able to afford the cars needed to use the energy. How will adopting an expensive system pull America out of recession?
2. We need to use what is available now, future generations will gradually adopt this alternative energy concept. The environment can wait, our economy cannot. "We do not inherent the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Do not complain about inheriting a bad economy. Fix it. If we invest in these expensive ideas for energy, then we will give our children a poor economy to grow up in. America can get the capital needed through drilling for oil and future generations, or even later in this generation, can worry about alternative sources of energy.
3. Drill for our own oil, we do not need to deal with OPEC. We can price our own oil. Prices will drop dramatically. I do not see how protecting our foreign interests is helpful to our country. America should be more independent.
4. How could a new energy make a smarter populace? How will throwing out all gasoline run car companies keep jobs in the hands of workers? How will taking money away from areas like education to invest in energy going to lead to a smarter population.
5. Let's look at what you are trying to take away. You are trying to cut spending on military, the only thing that keeps America free. You are trying to cut spending on education, (though I can not stand our current education system) which will only make things like colleges harder to get in to for the students. This reprioritization idea of yours is not worth it.
I look forward to your response!
jack.robbins90

Pro

jack.robbins90 forfeited this round.
Cowboy0108

Con

I will give him a chance to try again.
jack.robbins90

Pro

Hey man Im deeply sorry for the forfeit. If you wouldn't mind could we debate this topic again please but this time I wont forfeit.
Cowboy0108

Con

Sure, happens to everyone. Just challenge me to a debate and I will accept it.
jack.robbins90

Pro

jack.robbins90 forfeited this round.
Cowboy0108

Con

I am only posting this so that it will not show I have a debate due.
Voter's don't even bother voting.