WilliamsP
Zendayalover156

Conservatism (con) vs. Liberalism (pro)

WilliamsP

WilliamsP

Pro

The first round is to simply state the rules and open the debate. I will not make an argument in this first round, but I will make long and deep arguments in the next rounds. I will state the rules:

1. You must site your sources, if you have any.
2. Use good conduct and do not insult your opponent.
3. If you attack or challenge an opinion, do it respectfully.

I am looking forward to debating this topic with you.
Zendayalover156

Con

I accept your challenge
WilliamsP

Pro

I will make my main argument now:
I am a liberal because I hear the pleas of the American people and I truly believe and know that liberalism is nearly always an ideology incomparable to conservatism when speaking of economic stability and personal rights. Conservatives, primarily Republicans and TEA Party members, talk about "restoring America". Now, if you take their argument literally, it would mean restoring slavery, discrimination towards women, the Articles of Confederation, etc. What ideology was it that made this country so great? This was liberalism. What ideology was it that rid us of the bigotry and injustice of slavery? This was liberalism. What ideology was it that promoted economic growth? This was liberalism.
Now, conservatives never specified what it was about "the old days" that were so good. I recognize how Republicans and other conservatives can admire a president such as Reagan and Eisenhower. But I do not understand why they would want to go back to those policies and ways of life. As we progress, we must find new solutions to new problems and move forward. Conservatism is about smaller government and unfair taxes. I do not support big government, but I support a bigger government than that what the Republicans and other conservatives would provide. The people need a government to lead them and keep this nation stable. When Obama increased government interaction in his first term, the recession was resolved for the most part.
This is my main argument and I believe my point has been made. If you make a counter argument, I will challenge your argument and the debate shall escalate to a new level.
And I cannot site my sources now due to me not having used any. These facts should be common knowledge and I obtained these from my brain.
Zendayalover156

Con

con"ser"va"tism (kn-s"rv-tzm)
n.
1. The inclination, especially in politics, to maintain the existing or traditional order.
2. A political philosophy or attitude emphasizing respect for traditional institutions, distrust of government activism, and opposition to sudden change in the established order.
3. Conservatism The principles and policies of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or of the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
4. Caution or moderation, as in behavior or outlook

Source- http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
WilliamsP

Pro

I really appreciate you having defined conservatism and that you have cited your source. I already knew what it meant, but I appreciate the reminder.
For now, I would like to remain on the topic of conservatism in the United States. You have not given me any argument besides the definition of conservatism. If you yearn to win this debate, fight for it and don't expect to win it simply by trying.
Now, let us return to the debate.
Conservatism may work in some rare cases, but liberalism prevails in most cases. Now, because I do not want to copy and paste text and because I do not want to rewrite the entire thing, I will state a link that states some of the differences between liberals and conservatives.
http://www.diffen.com...
Now, taking into consideration my previous argument, as well as this new URL, please tell me why you are a conservative.
Zendayalover156

Con

I'm a conservative because I don't agree on a lot of things.
WilliamsP

Pro

Simply because you don't agree with something makes you conservative. It seems I am winning this debate. Please make your arguments longer and more complex. And you have't even given me a reasonable, thorough argument.
Zendayalover156

Con

I'm sorry if I'm not trying hard enough. I really don't know what a conservatism is.
WilliamsP

Pro

Due to you having not demonstrated a thorough knowledge of what a conservative is and what conservatism stands for, you have no business having your profile set as "conservative".

I will assume I have won the debate.
Zendayalover156

Con

I know I probably lost this debate but I'm only a 14 year old. Besides I didn't really know what it is because I didn't learn it yet. Middle school teachers don't teach this stuff at my school. To conclude this I would thank my opponent for making this debate and doing so much better than me on it
Posted by Capitalism194 3 years ago
Capitalism194
I find this hilarious, because it's pretty damn obvious that both ideologies are fucked up in their own manner. Liberals are controlling idiots, and conservatives are just jerks.
Posted by Capitalism194 3 years ago
Capitalism194
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Is this even a debate?
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Is this even a debate?
Posted by WilliamsP 3 years ago
WilliamsP
Forgive me, but I have made a grammatical error because I was writing too fast and I didn't review the argument before submitting it. In round 4, I wrote "Simply because you don't agree with something makes you conservative." I should have been "Simply because you don't agree with something doesn't make you conservative."
Posted by Logical-Master 3 years ago
Logical-Master
She doesn't. Neither does the instigator from the looks of it. Oh well . . .
Posted by jamccartney 3 years ago
jamccartney
Zendayalover156 is a 14 year old female who is arguing for the side of conservatism. I wonder if she knows what she is talking about. I guess we shall see, won't we?
Vote Placed by jamccartney 3 years ago
jamccartney
WilliamsPZendayalover156Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ha ha ha ha HA HA HA he he hee hee haha. This was just bad, I mean...really? Con, please do not take part in a debate of which you know nothing about.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
WilliamsPZendayalover156Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ...no point in voting