Gdougie
Person-44

Conservative Principles

Gdougie

Gdougie

Pro

Conservative principles will always beat Liberal principles. Whether it be gun control, religion, immigration, foreign policy, the economy, etc. The conservative movement always seems to be far more effective than left wing presidents. This debate will be over which principles and policies, whether conservative or liberal, are better for the United States.
Person-44

Con

Hello I am a Liberal and I am here to show how your policies are wrong.
Gdougie

Pro

First on the issue of gun control. On a recent terrorist attack on Paris by ISIS, over 150 people died. This is one of the most liberal cities in the entire world with very strict gun laws. Why are we taking guns away from law abiding citizens who can prevent attacks like these from happening? Now, I'm all about background checks and I am against allowing mentally ill people and terrorists to obtain firearms. The guns do not kill, people kill. When we take guns away from people that can protect our citizens in times of tragedy, we are creating a unsafe country. Just because we have stricter gun laws does not mean criminals will all of the sudden follow the law. Not to mention our founders instated a 2nd amendment for a reason, but that's another argument.

Social issues, we conservatives are all about them. We believe that there is a God in heaven and that we must live by his word in the Bible. Whether it is abortion or same sex marriage, we have to live by the word of God and both of these go against it.

Immigration is a problem. Thousands of Americans are out of work and under President Obama we allow illegal immigrants to cross our border. This needs to end. Our countries citizens come before any other countries. I'm all for allowing citizenship if they come legally, but it's against the law to allow people to come here without obtaining U.S. citizenship.

Liberals are all about Bernie Sanders apparently. Why are we encouraging socialism? Are we stupid? Many nations are failing because of the crippling rules their government is forcing on its businesses. We need to open our eyes and realize that raising taxes is not the answer, it will create more distress. And taxing the rich more to help others that need money and do not work because they are lazy will cripple our nation. Those rich people will move to another nation, where they can live happily without being taxed to the extreme. Then what will we do? Our economy will be destroyed.
Person-44

Con

Person-44 forfeited this round.
Gdougie

Pro

My opponent forfeits this round. Please vote pro.
Person-44

Con

Person-44 forfeited this round.
Gdougie

Pro

My opponent forfeits. Please vote pro.
Person-44

Con

Person-44 forfeited this round.
Posted by Gdougie 1 year ago
Gdougie
Sure. Republicans are conservative and Democrats are liberal.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
who are the liberals? Democrats?
Posted by TheLiberalConservative 1 year ago
TheLiberalConservative
I look forward to seeing this debate and wish I could participate but I'm on the pro side.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
GdougiePerson-44Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff many times, so conduct to Pro. Pro also was the only one who made an argument, so arguments to Pro by default