ancientshadowman125
Harold_Lloyd

Conservative side

Harold_Lloyd

ancientshadowman125

Pro

What do you think about politics, are you conservative or liberal? Do you think Obama is the worst president in U.S. history like I do?

Please debate and leave ideas.

I like my guns, my jobs, my country but right now I'm not so proud of it for the way it is. Letting jobs get lost, worthless and needless wars, having presidents that only intend to ruin our economy, please post
Harold_Lloyd

Con

The fact that you think the Pres is the worst only proves your lack of knowledge regarding past presidents.

James Buchanan - A Pennsylvania-born Democrat, deeply devout in his faith and the only bachelor elected to the presidency, Buchanan rejected slavery as an indefensible evil but, like the majority of his party, refused to challenge the constitutionally established order.
Even before he became president, he supported the various compromises that made it possible for slavery to spread into the western territories acquired by the Lousiana Purchase and the Mexican War.

Warren G. Harding - He was an ineffectual and indecisive leader who played poker while his friends plundered the U.S. treasury.
Warren G. Harding's claim to infamy rests on spectacular ineptitude captured in his own pathetic words: "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here."
A former newspaperman and publisher who won a string of offices in his native Ohio, he was an unrestrained womanizer noted for his affability, good looks, and implacable desire to please. It was good, his father once told him, that he hadn't been born a girl, "because you'd be in the family way all the time. You can't say no."

John Tyler - Joining the young Whig Party, he ran with popular war hero Harrison, and the ticket of "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too" trounced the Democratic candidates.
But once he became president, Tyler opposed everything his adopted party stood for, including a national bank. One fellow Whig accused Tyler of reviving "the condemned and repudiated doctrines and practices of the worst days of Jackson's rule." The entire Harrison-appointed cabinet resigned, and Tyler had to fight an attempt to impeach him.
ancientshadowman125

Pro

ancientshadowman125 forfeited this round.
Harold_Lloyd

Con

" I'm not so proud of it for the way it is. Letting jobs get lost, worthless and needless wars, having presidents that only intend to ruin our economy,"

The facts are that the Pres helped to save the economy, with not much help from congress.

In a world of constant change, jobs are made obsolete, but new jobs are created.

As to 'worthless and needless wars', that seems to have been a tradition going back several decades.
ancientshadowman125

Pro

Harold_Lloyd

Con

Once again, contentious conservatism has revealed its lack of a rational foundation.
ancientshadowman125

Pro

Harold_Lloyd

Con

Shouldn't start if you can't finish
ancientshadowman125

Pro

Harold_Lloyd

Con

Shouldn't start if you can't finish 2.0
Posted by AVPC 2 years ago
AVPC
The reason why your argument is doomed to failure is not because of your lack of sincerity on this issue, but because of your lack of knowledge. As soon as you tagged president Obama as "The worst president in history," you lost my interest in debating you.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
I think we finally have all the bad presidents rolled into one.
Posted by jedikns3000 2 years ago
jedikns3000
I would argue that our problems do not stem from a president or party, but rather that the problem in this country is a morality issue that brings us to ruin. I am a moderate conservative so I don't know if this is something you were looking to debate.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
What are you trying to debate?
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Pfalcon1318
This is more of a forum post than debate topic.
Vote Placed by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
ancientshadowman125Harold_LloydTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
ancientshadowman125Harold_LloydTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture