magic123
Preston

Conservatives are better than liberals

magic123

Pro

Conservative ideology as whole is better than liberal ideology. There are many reasons this is true. Con can put any reason why they think this is not true.
Preston

Con

Alright, I will accept, and to start I will simply list things that liberals are better at.

1) Liberals are better at being a part of the liberal party then Conservatives are of being in the liberal party.
2) Liberals are better at appealing to the majority of youth.
3) Liberals are better at being Liberal in ideology.

My opponent must answer all of these in order to attempt to win todays debate.
magic123

Pro

I said conservative ideology as whole is better than liberal ideology. Being liberal is not part of the conservative ideology. Neither is appealing to youth.
1. Conservatives have better economic policies and want to stimulate economic growth
2. Conservatives value the institution of family.
3. Conservatives keep illegal immigrants who shouldn't be here out of the country.
Give reasons and explanations why the liberal ideology is better than conservative ideology.
Preston

Con

My opponent misunderstands the resolution:
"Conservatives are better than liberals"

This implies that Conservatives are as a whole better then liberals, he then Round 1 states:

"Conservative ideology as whole is better than liberal ideology. There are many reasons this is true. Con can put any reason why they think this is not true."

This means that he must show how Conservative Ideology is better then liberal Ideology in every way. He was unable to refute the ways that liberal ideology was better as I stated round 1. He only stated:

"I said conservative ideology as whole is better than liberal ideology. Being liberal is not part of the conservative ideology. Neither is appealing to youth."

However he stating that Conservative Ideology does not contain the concept of being liberal means it is lacking this Characteristic. Right here my opponent loses the debate. He is unable to show that Conservative Ideology better represents Liberal Ideology and thus it is not better then Liberal ideology in this characteristic. Thus Conservative Ideology is not better then Liberal Ideology.

Now I will address my opponents points:

"1. Conservatives have better economic policies and want to stimulate economic growth"
A.My opponent is making an unbacked claim and thus has no support for this claim.
B. My opponent hasn't shown why economic growth is innately good.
C.My opponent doesn't understand economics. a government without control that constantly stimulates growth is unstable and has increased inflation. This harms economics in the long run and overall liberal ideology has not been shown to be insufficient in this point by PRO.

"2. Conservatives value the institution of family."
B. My opponent hasn't shown why or how the institution of the family is important.
C. I believe my opponent is mistaken in assuming that liberals do not support the family, instead they support non-traditional families. This is in nature still supporting the institution of the family.

"3. Conservatives keep illegal immigrants who shouldn't be here out of the country."
A. My opponent is making an unbacked claim and thus has no support for this claim.
B.My opponent hasn't shown why immigration is bad or good thus there is no impact at this time.
C.Our country is based on immigrants, we immigrated to the US from other areas, Overall there is no difference now. Immigration is not as simple as, lets kick everyone out, Thousands of jobs are supported by immigrants, these jobs would not be filled without immigration, My opponent claims his ideology has economic benefits however if we remove thousands of employees that support our agrarian society then it will collapse, and thus economically harm us.
[1]EX:
1) Retail milk prices would increase by 61 percent if its immigrant labor force were to be eliminated.
2)Texas work force would decrease by 6.3 percent and Texas gross state product would decrease by 2.1 percent. Furthermore, certain segments of the U.S. economy, like agriculture, are entirely dependent upon illegal immigrants.
3)The Department of Labor reports that of the 2.5 million farm workers in the U.S., over half (53 percent) are illegal immigrants.

"Give reasons and explanations why the liberal ideology is better than conservative ideology."
Here is a key issue with my opponents case, he is Pro, I do not hold the Burden to prove that Liberal Ideology is better, I simply must show that my opponent cannot show "Conservatives are better than liberals" Thus it is on my opponent to provide the reasoning and support to prove the resolution.

[1]http://thehill.com...
magic123

Pro

I realize that I have chosen poor words to describe the debate. I cannot win. Also it is too hard to debate all political issues in one debate.
Preston

Con

Push Arguments:

Im glad my opponent came to understand the reason behind my argumentation. If you reword the debate you may perhaps have better luck.
magic123

Pro

magic123 forfeited this round.
magic123

Pro

magic123 forfeited this round.
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
freaking anecdotal people here dont vote based off of stats, they vote off personal experience.
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
@LouisMuston123 You may be from a more conservative state, but personal experience doesnt represent the nation.

"Today, about half of Millennials (50%) are Democrats or lean to the Democratic Party, while just 34% affiliate with or lean to the GOP"

http://www.pewresearch.org......
Posted by LouisMuston123 2 years ago
LouisMuston123
At my school we had a general election and the Conservatives one the majority, so actually Liberal policies do not necessarily appeal completely to the youth of today.
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
@Conservative6120 False, You may be from a more conservative state, but personal experience doesnt represent the nation.

http://www.pewresearch.org...
Posted by Conservative6120 2 years ago
Conservative6120
"Liberals are better at appealing to the majority of youth." False, most of the kids in my school are conservative.
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
@mostlogical, i dont hold the BOP, so yes, i can
Posted by mostlogical 2 years ago
mostlogical
# Preston - You can't win debates unless you give an argument i.e. a set of reasons given in support of an opinion.