trayhayes
the_conservative

Conservatives are dying out.

trayhayes

Pro

Following the mainstream news and current events closely, I have begun to notice over the past five years that true conservatives are a dying breed. I am in favor of this. It is only logical to think that as the world progresses and evolves, that more of society begins to think with an open-mind and becomes more intelligent and tolerant, thus becoming more liberal. Powerful conservatives are losing their grip on political influence, this is more evident now more than ever in the Republican primaries. Moderate John McCain, who is a conservative, is being attacked by the right-wingers for not being conservative enough when he is clearly "stuck in the mud" just like the rest of the Republican Party.
the_conservative

Con

Okay so number 1. you are in favor of people who are dying out because of their political views? Harsh (joking). Anyways, listening to the mainstream media. HHMMMMM can you tell me exactly who is the mainstream media? Liberals. Can you tell me where most people are influenced ,unfortunatley, in this country? The Television. Yes at a young age, statistcally more people are liberal, but once as you get older ,and wiser, the trend tends to lean towards more conservative. Now supposedly i have heard that anybody whose parents were baby boomers, their children will be the most Conservative age since.......(whenever the last one was) because of our parent's hardcore Liberalism. This is hard to predict by the inconsistent trend our country has headed over the past half century. Did you know that our country has never elected ,not once, a Liberal President? There was a time when powerful Liberals lost a hand in the struggle for power in this country, hell there was a more than a few times where Isolationists and Independents were in control. Just like wingnut said,no one likes McCain.I don't know how were stuck in the mud but whatever.Oh go Duke!
trayhayes

Pro

"Did you know that our country has never elected ,not once, a Liberal President?" HA! So you can never say that Bill Clinton is a liberal? Okay.

Anyway, moving back to the real argument... First off, I am not happy about people dying out because of their political views. I am simply happy more people are becoming enlightened. People don't die because of their political views in America, at least not like they once did such as liberals like Dr. King, John and Robert Kennedy, etc. I am simply arguing that the percentage of people that are politically aware that are conservatives now is lower than the amount it used to be, and it is steadily declining.

Powerful conservatives such as evangelical leaders and radio talking heads are not so powerful anymore. Conservatism itself is being redefined. Back in the sixties, you would've been considered a liberal if you wanted to get rid of the Jim Crow laws. Of course now it would be idiotic from either side of the spectrum to suggest we go back to those barbaric days. Ideas such as tolerance and open-mindedness are liberal values, not conservative. Thinking outside the box and considering new ideas is what being liberal is all about. There are less and less people who feel the opposite now. People are realizing that bigotry is a problem--in all it's fashions whether it be racism, homophobia, or sexism. It has taken liberals pushing the envelopes and challenging the establishment time and time again to get this country where it is now in regard to such issues.

I always find it funny that conservatives claim to be the ones defending civil liberties and keeping government small, but how they actually act in defiance of those principles on a regular basis. Extending government powers through unwarranted surveillance programs and ignoring the trampling of the U.S. Constitution by George W. Bush and his cronies by denying prisoners of war the simple right to an attorney AND forcing them to submission through torture is hardly small government. One of the popular campaign tactics used by conservatives in the past has been to say that Democrats would raise taxes, and this year the answer is yes, if you make more than $75,000 a year you will pay slightly more taxes but for those who actually NEED a tax break, the simple, rural, flag-waving, hard working, patriot Americans making less than that amount, they would get a major tax BREAK from either Clinton or Obama.

I also want to discuss the "mainstream media." I will admit that NBC has Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews from the left, but has Pat Buchanan and Joe Scarborough, and Tucker Carlson from the right. CNN reports everything pretty much without opinion, with the exception of Lou Dobbs, a hardcore opponnent of immigration and well-known racist towards Hispanics. FOX NEWS, the network I am betting is your favorite, is the most clearly leaning network of them all. They falsify reports, such as in the case of the reports of Barack Obama being a Muslim and not crossing his heart for the national anthem, and Bill O'Reilly gets to run his mouth about how they're aren't nearly 200,000 homeless vets (a proven statistic) and how the Bush administration has been looking after vets so well. The media is what it is, and if you think they are liberal it's usually because they are simply reporting objectively and telling it "how it is." Besides, Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter have mouths big enough to eat their competition.

My argument simply is that conservatives are fading, not so much who is right and who is wrong, or why they are fading. Do you agree (for whatever reasons) that the conservative "voice" is fading?
the_conservative

Con

HA! You are correct. I really can say that Clinton was never a Liberal, since he was a Moderate Conservative.

Uhhhh Evangelist leaders arent just Conservs. Wow and since when were the Kennedy Bros Liberals? Where do you get this fact that Conervatives are on the decline? You certasinly don't see that in every day life, and if you saw it on T.V. that certainly would not be a reliable source since,well, we already went over that.

And ,no, I do not have a favorite network because i do no watch the television. It is such a waste of brain cells, although i do play videogames ever once in a while.

This is the thing the news wants you to see. That the Liberals are perfect little angels ,and this and that, its always the conservatives....blah blah blah. The press has been going hardcore on how Mitt Romney is a Mormonite yet the VERY LIBERAL senate maj. leader ,Harry Reed, is a Mormoite himself....hmmm that's odd.

No the Conservative voice is not fading.......anymore, it is on the rise
trayhayes

Pro

Bill Clinton wasn't a liberal? But John McCain is?

You are so far out of touch with reality that I don't even know what to do with this round. As with many conservatives, debating things with actual substance is often found to be pointless. You are going to believe what you want to believe, and in this case I actually think you have the uncanny ability to "decide" what you believe. You want conservatism to be on the rise, therefore you believe it is. It's actually scary. I mean what if there were an administration that came to power and worked the same way as your mind does? Oh wait, nevermind.

I didn't mean for this debate to be based around whether or not conservatism was good or bad, I simply meant for it to be a real debate about whether or not conservatism is losing it's place at the table of politics. I believe it is. Conservative ideas are being more regularly rejected by society, and to me it's just a part of evolution (which you may or may not believe in). The things I pointed out in the 2nd round of this debate are things I have found to be true, as the majority of Americans have.
the_conservative

Con

the_conservative forfeited this round.
Posted by the_conservative 8 years ago
the_conservative
im no longer going to make fun of mentally challenged people such as yourself
Posted by trayhayes 8 years ago
trayhayes
I am arguing with you on debate.org? Really? HOLY SHIIT! How long did it take you to realize that? Hell I thought you were sitting right here in my house debating with me. You can't criticize someone for debating on debate.org because you yourself do it you idiot. Midget? I am six feet tall, I think that's pretty average. Nice way to slip in a meaningless slander of midgets though you narrow-minded cartoon loving prick. And what's with this FA FA FA FA FA FA F-A-G? Are you a rapper now? Perhaps the next Vanilla Ice? You suck. There is no common ground with you. IF you had read my posts you would realize that I didn't want this debate to turn into a smear campaign. I wanted to find out what we agree on, but you like to talk shiit and once you do that there is no way to have a reasonable and intelligent conversation. You see things one-sided and I pity you.
Posted by the_conservative 9 years ago
the_conservative
definitely you would not dude you are like a little midget who talks smack over debate.org. Anyways you did make racial remarks regarding a symbol of hope and power liking it to those of a fictional animated movie character that is gay called a "Simba". FA FA FA FA FA FA F-A-G
Posted by trayhayes 9 years ago
trayhayes
grrrrr. I'd kick your asss you pusssy. I'm not racist against scots, or germans, or any race for that matter, you are such an idiot. GRRRRRRRR. Are you mad now Simba? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. HA
Posted by the_conservative 9 years ago
the_conservative
Simba?Simba? are you kidding me? goddamn you cant talk about anybody's picture you look like a freaking midget troll. simba........pfff......this simba would kick your sorry A$S

Attention folks now we have a racist here who makes fun of the Scottish,Irish,and Western Germans. This is great.

I get "touchy" whatever taht means i dont know i guess i like to touch things but seeing how you are making fun of people
Posted by trayhayes 9 years ago
trayhayes
Okay Simba, you can call the Air Force gay but I put down your stupid little cartoon GAY lion and you get touchy. Go f yourself
Posted by the_conservative 9 years ago
the_conservative
typo Scottish. Yeah so don't be an idiot click people and there a bunch of people with pictures
Posted by the_conservative 9 years ago
the_conservative
......cartoonland...........dancing lion? That is the biggest insult to all the Scottis people on here too. like me.
Posted by trayhayes 9 years ago
trayhayes
I changed my photo because I noticed no one else on here is using a real one, so what's the point. Apparently this is cartoonland and you are a dancing lion. Alright anyway about the Air Force being gay, whatever if you want to believe that that's fine, doesn't matter that much anyway. None of this matters.
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
Liberalism is a mental disorder

and a DANGEROUS one at that

nuff sed
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
trayhayesthe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by Robert_Santurri 8 years ago
Robert_Santurri
trayhayesthe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by advidiun 8 years ago
advidiun
trayhayesthe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by ANSmith 8 years ago
ANSmith
trayhayesthe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by JTSmith 8 years ago
JTSmith
trayhayesthe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
trayhayesthe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by the_conservative 8 years ago
the_conservative
trayhayesthe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by trayhayes 8 years ago
trayhayes
trayhayesthe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by das_kapitel 9 years ago
das_kapitel
trayhayesthe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by willisrome 9 years ago
willisrome
trayhayesthe_conservativeTied