Run4thahills
Judas97

Console gaming better then PC gaming

Run4thahills
Started: 12/18/2013 Category: Games

Run4thahills

Pro

Round 1 will be introducing yourself 2 will be controls of a game 3 will be the raw power 4 will be the price. I am a console gamer and a PC gamer I prefer consoles since I'm better with a controller. But now a days if a game is also on PC every so often a PC gamer will come on waiting for his PC to be fixed or something and call us peasants,noobs,etc. when that happens I get mad and say why consoles suck so much a pro for consoles is that you can sit on your couch and play a game in minutes.
Judas97

Con

Hello I will accept because I am an avid PC gamer don't worry I won't call you a "peasant" or "noob" because that would completely undermine my argument and it is ignorant to not listen to others opinions whether you believe them or not.
Run4thahills

Pro

The mouse and keypad is very hard to get used to although it is good for aiming on FPSs the keypad is the downfall of it the "WASD" control wears out your hands quickly and the fact you can't slow down by pressing it half-way. The console analog sticks are great for moving but with the sensitivity problem.
Judas97

Con

The problem I have always found with console controllers is after time the joystick can become worn out and it makes using it a pain. also there is very little in the customization aspect of controls. Controllers with cords also have the downfall of wires tangling and being pulled on which can result in the controller breaking. Cordless controllers on the other hand don't have that downfall but can be pricey and tend to need new batteries or a recharge. for my final argument on this particular point keyboards can be quite cheap and last for years while controllers need to be replaced when broken or when a new console is bought and can cost quite a bit.
Run4thahills

Pro

The PC has the raw power HOWEVER in the consoles defense they are overall cheaper then a PC that can run games like BattleField or Crisis 3 at the expense of having slightly less RAM. However with the next-gen consoles, consoles and PCs have never been closer in terms of RAM another downside of the PC is that a upgrade in RAM comes every 6 months and in a few years many PC games will be unplayable with your RAM card forcing you to buy another card. Consoles however last longer in terms of playability from RAM and the PC upgrade coming up next won't have a large improvement over the current highest RAM card unlike consoles.
Judas97

Con

You make valid points while some of what you said was right if you actually use a PC for gaming in particular you would generally build it to fit your needs building a computer outfitted for gaming can be expensive. yet it lasts longer then most consoles are out a lot of games on PC can be modded as well. PC games have the added help of laptops an alien-ware laptop outfitted correctly can run new game at full speed and are portable the only problem being battery life. PC's can take an onslaught of abuse and keep kicking while something like having it uneven can kill a console (Unless it's N64 they can't break) as consoles progress so does the modern PC they also become cheaper.
Run4thahills

Pro

By price I mean "bang for your buck" a high tier PC usually costs 600-700$. When consoles cost 400-500$ (depending on PS4 or xbox 1) and can easily be affordable. Soon the med-grade PCs will have to force a upgrade costing at least 100$. Both gaming types have pros and cons PC has great titles like outlast (and yes I know it's coming for PS4 but still) but has to have a 100$ upgrade every few years which is forced. Consoles have portability and entertainment in mind.
Judas97

Con

Judas97 forfeited this round.
Posted by Gs325jcbd 3 years ago
Gs325jcbd
i love my PS4.
Posted by Run4thahills 3 years ago
Run4thahills
I see someone has accepted my challenge.
Vote Placed by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Run4thahillsJudas97Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.