Contender chooses topic

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 11/24/2014 Category: Funny

I'd love to debate, but I'm drawing a blank on what to debate on and none of the debates in challenge phase interest me. This is not impossible to accept, the contender should tell their topic in round 1, however they cannot argue until round 2. Make sure you explain your topic and provide any needed definitions. Good luck to my opponent!

Thanks for letting me choose the topic. thank you. If you don't like this topic, you can tell me and we can change it.
Okay I choose to do this one on gravity falls, and why its a cool show (maybe one of the best) and you have to say why not.

*Khan voice* Shall we begin.

ill start. Gravity one: it is very thought out. It has lots of mystery's, all the characters possibly has at least one secret (i think, not sure on that one) it has hidden coded messages at the end of each episode witch is very cool. I will stop for now.

your turn.

Let me just state that I have not watched any of the episodes, however, I will try to debate to the best of my ability.

First off, I'm going to change the topic a bit, if it's ok with Pro, since I am obviously at a disadvantage since I have not watched the show. We are going to debate if Gravity Falls is the (or one of the) best show ever, not just a "cool show" since that is too vague.

I'm going to start off by addressing some reviews from big review sites
IMBd: 8.9/10
Metacritic Critics: about 70/100
Metacritic Users: 9/10

Ok, I'll admit it, these are pretty big scores. However, these scores are not the best I've seen, let me address some shows that have higher scores.

Rectify, season 2: 92/100 and 9.1/10
Avatar, The legend of Korra, season 3: 9.4/10
Person of Interest, season 4: 9.2/10

Game of Thrones: 9.5/10
Breaking Bad: 9.5/10
Planet Earth: 9.5/10
Cosmos, a Space Time Odyssey: 9.4/10
The World At War: 9.4/10

And there are lots more.

This means that Gravity falls isn't the BEST show ever, it is simply good.

Your turn, Pro.

hmmmmmmmm. interesting, well I will start off with that first, the show has cool monsters. Sure lots of shows have monsters that are cool, but this is one of those shows. It has monitors and gnomes, merman's, and even a Illuminati, triangle guy. I have other reasons but I will use these other ones in the next round. Hope I was not mean. If I was, i am sorry.

Pro fails to explain why it is the best show. He is simply stating opinions of his, others may not share his opinion. In order to win, Pro, you need to explain why it triumphs over all other shows.
I will await your response. Good luck!

Okay. sorry for doing that. I think it is the best show, because it has lots of hidden things in it, from ciphers, to conspiracy's. Just look up gravity falls mystery's, (but there might be spoilers) Plus their is a character that is a triangle with one eye that can do weird stuff. Yea. Sorry.

Pro has failed to counter my arguments, so my arguments still stand. Pro has simply just stated his opinions on why HE thinks it is the best show ever, I have data and evidence that Gravity Falls is not the BEST show ever, it is simply good because there are other shows with a higher rating. Unless Pro counters, my arguments still stand. Pro has failed to explain why his arguments relate to Gravity Falls being the best show ever.
Your turn Pro, Good Luck!

Pro has just showed me a YouTube video. He does not explain why this makes the show the best.
My arguments still stand since he has failed to rebut them. Therefore, Pro has no arguments to prove his point.
Thanks for the debate, Pro, and thank you voters.

Yea, I am sorry, for not posting proof. I can not prove that it is the best show, I am sorry. Please forgive me???
Posted by grass 1 year ago
okey, thanks. I be waiting for your turn. :) Thank you :)
Posted by Hylian_3000 1 year ago
Nah, nvm. I'm ok with it, I'll try. I did say you could make the topic. This will be intresting.
Posted by 9spaceking 1 year ago
Gravity falls is a cool show. End of story. Con can't win.
Posted by grass 1 year ago
hmmmmmmmmm, ill let u choose
Posted by Hylian_3000 1 year ago
I'm not very familiar with the show, Pro. If you'd like, we could change the topic. But we would have 1 less round to debate. If you don't want to, that's ok, I'll try my best.
Posted by chewster911 1 year ago
How much time did you set for the answer? I might accept this.
Vote Placed by Hanspete 1 year ago
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: No one really one, the topic was interesting though!