SitaraMusica
pjh816

Contraception is a right.

SitaraMusica

SitaraMusica

Pro

Contraception is a right. If a woman wants to prevent a pregnancy, she has that right. Women own their bodies.
pjh816

Con

Please define your argument a little more specifically please. I think that women can defiantly take contraception if they please, however the way of the contraception being provided is the most debatable topic in this issue. I think that women should be able to go out and buy birth control, which is cheap, on their own dime. Their employers or the taxpayers are not responsible to provide this. Also, if you are having sex and taking birth control, you are having sex for recreational purposes. I love to go fishing on the weekends, but I don't demand from my employer that he or she pay for my fishing pole. Women should defiantly be allowed to use contraception, but I would like to debate how the contraception is paid for more.
SitaraMusica

Pro

My body, my right, my choice. I have the right to prevent a pregnancy. No one has the right to my body. Are you honestly saying that women should be forced to conceive? What if the woman is raped?
pjh816

Con

To clarify, the basis of your argument is that women should be allowed to take birth control.
If that is the case, I agree with you. I was evolving the discussion to a more controversial topic about who would be supplying the birth control as it has been the topic of many interesting debates and an important supreme court case. If you would like to debate more on this topic, I would welcome a response of any view.
SitaraMusica

Pro

Sire, no problem. I believe in contraceptive rights because I know what it is like to need contraception. I used contraception after i was raped, and I would do so again.
pjh816

Con

Ok... Hope we maybe could debate the funding of contraception at a later time if you have apposing views in relation to mine.
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
And you do not have the right to my body.
Posted by DudeHouse 2 years ago
DudeHouse
Everyone is arguing for the same side haha. Where my hard core feminists at?
Posted by Fiscal 2 years ago
Fiscal
Where does this exist in the constitution? I'd love to know
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
You seem to be in a state of confusion. No one is saying you can't have birth control. If sex is your pursuit of happiness, then you pay for it. Not me or the taxpayer.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Did not say you don't. What I said is you do not have a right to my wallet ( tax money) to pay for it.If you want to have sex, then pay for that yourself. Or here is a novel idea, make the guy pay for it.
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
My body, my choice. I have the right to prevent a pregnancy.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
You have the right to any kind of contraception YOU choose. What you do not have a right to is my wallet to pay for it.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
SitaraMusicapjh816Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con doesn't exactly succeed in rebutting the right to have the body.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
SitaraMusicapjh816Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Wth?