LiberalProlifer
ViceRegent

Contraception is a right.

LiberalProlifer

LiberalProlifer

Pro

Contraception is defined as something that works before fertilization, not after. I take the affirmative position, and my opponent disagrees. My opponent will make the first argument.
ViceRegent

Con

Rights come from God and are reflective of duties He has assigned man. God declares contraception a sin, contrary to a married couple's duty to procreate. Thus, contraception is a wrong, not a right.
LiberalProlifer

Pro

1. Contraception is not a sin. There is nothing wrong with preventing conception. 2. You don't have the right to force your religious opinion on other people. 3. Where is your evidence? 4. This is my body. If I don't want to conceive, I have the right to use contraception.
ViceRegent

Con

Your claiming to have a right and claiming I do not have a right does not make it so. Do you have anything objective to say?
LiberalProlifer

Pro

You have not provided any evidence that contraception is sinful, and even if it were, it should still be legal. Religion should not dictate the law. If sin were illegal, we would all be in jail. Speration of religion and state.
ViceRegent

Con

Again, do you have anything that supports your claim that contraception is a right? As far as God being the foundation of rights, your argument is with Americas founders, not me.
LiberalProlifer

Pro

Prove me wrong. This is my body. I have the right to use contraception. You still have not proven that contraception is sinful. You made the first claim, you prove it.
ViceRegent

Con

How irrational. I do not need to prove you wrong. You must prove you right. It appears that all you have is your worthless, hedonistic opinion. Not more of a moral base there. Now, put up or shut up, you ignorant, mindless fool.
LiberalProlifer

Pro

Youy said that contraception is a sin. Prove it. This is my body. I have the right to prevent a pregnancy. Pregnancy would preent certain health risk for me. Are you saying that I should be forced to go through that?
ViceRegent

Con

You still have not even tried to establish that birth control is a right. Therefore, I will give you "argument" its due, which is nothing.

Since you failed to prove your case, I win.
Posted by whiteflame 4 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: migmag// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: well argued ProLiberal

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD.
************************************************************************
Posted by ViceRegent 4 months ago
ViceRegent
Margret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, agreed, finding contraception beneficial too her plan to minimize the populations of those she considered undesirable, including blacks.
Posted by migmag 4 months ago
migmag
I'm tired of you people who think you have the right to "stop" where "your" tax dollars go. Contraception is a VERY important tool in societ
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 8 months ago
WhineyMagiciann5
Then what you imagine to be right is of no concern to is vice.
Posted by ViceRegent 8 months ago
ViceRegent
What your imagine to be rights is of no concern to me.
Posted by Quadrunner 8 months ago
Quadrunner
@Viceregent I'll be the judge of that, and I say that human rights can change by individual values, unless there is something in the debate that explains otherwise. The question when referring to rights in my opinion is what is merely a want, and what is a right. What things are so sacred to our values that we consider it right to ensure their availability, well past the common threshold of convenience?

Since pro mentioned nothing about God given rights until forced to address your argument, I have no reason to believe the Pro has even considered conception to be a God given right in the first place.

I believe it is reasonable to assume man created contraception, and therefore the context you should have realized at the beginning of this debate is of man made rights.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but it looks like this debate has its rolls reversed. Con is protecting his argument, and Pro, as stated by con, hasn't really provided any explanation of their reasoning yet.
Posted by ViceRegent 8 months ago
ViceRegent
You should have come up with something to support your claims. Your misplaced sense of self-importance and ignorance is not good enough.
Posted by LiberalProlifer 8 months ago
LiberalProlifer
I should have read the comments first.
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 8 months ago
WhineyMagiciann5
Not everything involves god vice. When h made this debate, he didn't want a god debate. He wanted an intelectual debate with somone who can take their opponent seriously and actually have an argument.
Posted by ViceRegent 8 months ago
ViceRegent
If one denies God as the definer of rights, there is no reason not to force people to pay for it. After all if Gos is "wrong" on contraception, then He is wrong on theft.
Vote Placed by Leugen9001 7 months ago
Leugen9001
LiberalProliferViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: In round 2, Pro made the argument that contraception is a right because people should be able to choose if a baby grows in their bodies. This was a good start for a point and would have made a great constructive case if it were elaborated on further. Con didn't refute Pro's point, instead saying that Pro didn't have anything to prove contraception to be a right. Con also uses appeals to religion, which, as Pro has argued, doesn't apply to this debate because rights apply to everyone, not just the religious; Con has not demonstrated why religion should be used as a basis for moral judgment. As such, Pro has made a case that, although weak and unelaborated-on, was nevertheless improperly contested.