Contraception is a right.

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 3 months ago Status: Voting Period

Pro means I agree, and Con means my opponent disagrees. My opponent will make the first argument.

Contraception is not a right. It is a left.

-The left"right political spectrum is a system of classifying political positions, ideologies, and parties. Left-wing politics and right-wing politics are often presented as opposed, although a particular individual or group may take a left-wing stance on one matter and a right-wing stance on another. In France, where the terms originated, the Left has been called "the party of movement" and the Right "the party of order." The intermediate stance is called centrism and a person with such a position is a moderate.

Contraceptives are an issue of the left and not the right.

If there was a fork in the road you'd have to go to the left. Going right would get you no contraceptive. If you asked for directions and asked,"Which way to the contraceptives?" the person giving directions would undoubtedly say,"left."

Contraceptives are a left and not a right.

This debate is about contraception being a right, not let versus right. Stay on topic. Contraception is aa right because women own their bodies. If a woman does not want to be pregnant, she has the right to prevent that.

"This debate is about contraception being a right."

And I have proven it is not a right. It is a left.

"Contraception is a right because women own their bodies."

It may be that they own their own bodies, but free contraception is from the left and not the right.

-"Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, dismayed at liberal criticisms of the restrictive reproductive policies favored by some Republicans, mused on Monday that there was not a "rubber shortage in America."

Here is an article named, "The Republican War on Contraception".

Here is another speaking of the stance from the right on contraceptives.

Here is a quote from the article:
"These are people who have never, ever approved of birth control, and they saw an opportunity to take it one step further."

Here is an article named,"Liberals Obsessed, Look for Another way to make Free Birth Control Available to Women".

Left"Right politics

The left"right political spectrum is a system of classifying political positions, ideologies, and parties. Left-wing politics and right-wing politics are often presented as opposed, although a particular individual or group may take a left-wing stance on one matter and a right-wing stance on another.

So obviously, contraceptives are not a right, and they are obviously a left.

No trolling allowed. You have wasted my time. Like I said, contraception is a right. If a woman wants to prevent a pregnancy, she has that right. No one should be forced to go through pregnancy and raiuse a child.

Contraceptives encourage sex with many multiple partners which is unsafe. Ask Charlie Sheen.

It gives a false sense of security. People believe suddenly that they are safe. Then...they have an STD. Then...they pass it to someone else.

Pop a birth control pill and your baby-maker isn't the only thing that's getting the treatment. That's because each of those little pills contains hormones and changes the hormones in your body, according to Toni Stern, M.D., Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Coney Island Hospital.

The Pill may hurt-

LibidoOC's slash libido-friendly testosterone in two ways: First, they quiet the ovaries, halting their production of testosterone. Second, the liver pumps out a protein called the sex hormone-binding globulin, which gloms onto sex hormones ,including testosterone, like bargain shoppers on Black Friday sales. But while OC's lower testosterone levels in all women, they lower libido only in some. And even if the Pill does affect your mojo, plenty of other factors like anxiety about getting preggers affect it, too. You may have serious problems below the belt.

Blood clots-
Chances are, you've heard this warning speed by during more than one birth control pill commercial. But before you reach for a bottle of Bayer, let's put things into perspective: Each year, 7 in 10,000 women experience blood clots. Birth control extremely enhances your chances, while pregnancy and childbirth raise your chances even more. But if you experience any signs of a blood clot, such as chest pain or a swollen leg, immediately stop the pill for God's sake.

This is why passing out contraceptives is not only wrong, but it is deadly. Of course Liberals, generally don't care about long term results, just temporary satisfaction. This is how children think.

No trolling allowed on MY debate.

I didn't troll. I gave you several legitimate arguments as to why contraceptives are not a right. You did not respond.

When you said that contraception is a left, not a right, you were trolling. I will not change my mind on contraceptive rights. This is my body. I have the right to choose what to do with my body.

Since you continue to call me a troll...

It is a left and not a right.

You'll do what you want with your body? Interesting...
Posted by whiteflame 1 month ago
>Reported vote: HeavenlyPanda// Mod action: Removed<

5 points to Con (Arguments, Sources), 2 points to Pro (Conduct, S&G). Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not state any reason for why contracepts should be a right. Pro also did not state what context "right" should have been in. Con stated reasons for why contracepts should not be a right in both contexts. Pro did not refute any of those.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain conduct, S&G or sources. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to point specifically to arguments that each side used to explain why they were or were not sufficient in supporting or negating the resolution.
Posted by whiteflame 1 month ago
>Reported vote: SchinkBR// Mod action: Removed<

6 points to Con (Conduct, Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Pro resorted to name calling, point for con SP/GR: No errors noted, tie Arguments: Pro made no structured arguments, only their individual opinion. Also they never refuted Con's left argument, albeit a silly one. Sources: Con used sources and cited them, pro used only their own opinion.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) Conduct is insufficiently explained. If one side resorted to blatant name calling, it should be clear where they did it in the debate. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter has to assess the strength of each side's argument, and while they do this for Pro, they merely grant strength to Con's while calling it "silly". It must be clear why that argument was sufficient to negate. (3) Sources are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to assess the reliability of the sources and not just their quantity.
Posted by SchinkBR 2 months ago
I must admit, while I was hoping for a good debate, this one was at least entertaining.
Posted by Peepette 3 months ago
Too bad this turned out to be a waste of space debate.
Posted by Janerover 3 months ago
I am extremely disappointed with the quality of the argument here. We are not here to discuss 'right' vs 'left.' Stop trolling.

I am waiting for arguments on the different forms of contraceptives and not just the pill. eg. diaphragms will not have the risk of DVTs and so the risk factors associated with OCPs only is moot. I was looking forward to statistics on how many people actually use them, and whether it is used correctly?

I am waiting for arguments on whether it is better for ABORTION vs CONTRACEPTION as both relate to family planning.

I am looking for arguments on whether it reduces or increases the risk of STDs.

A moral stance on sexual promiscuity is in my opinion, not relevant. Who cares who has sex with who, as long as it is SAFE?

Please put better arguments forth.
Posted by brontoraptor 3 months ago
I didn't know what a right was.

(Bronto scampers off into the weeds)
Posted by Ragnar 3 months ago
Open a new debate on this subject, with the obvious refinement, to get the debate you want to have rather than the one you ended up with here.
Posted by ForGrowthOfMind 3 months ago
Ragnar is correct. There are many people on here who want to simply win arguments instead of having well thought out meaningful debates. Those types well twist any word you give that you have not defined. It is something we must all have to be careful of if we wish to avoid these types of arguments.
Posted by mrsirofvibe 3 months ago
Con is throwing this debate. He has terrible arguments, and while I agree that it is not a right and will also after this debate is over, how do you justify "it is not a right" with "it is a left?" It is a fallacy of equivocation.
Posted by Ragnar 3 months ago
"Everyone knoiws what rights are. ... Google it."

As you've just learned the hard way by refusing to provide a definition for such a key word to this debate, there are many valid definitions of right. Con provided warrants for his argument, trollish as it may be. Until such a time as you make an argument (instead of an assertion), con can lean back on having adequately proved it to be a Left instead of a Right. He could go further and prove that contraception has nothing to do with the rightmost side of the body, etc., to prove his definition most valid. Right now, you have an uphill battle to prove your definition more valid than his (if I haven't been clear, definitions in R1 prevent this), and then to prove the resolution itself.

Right now this reminds me of my Women Enjoy Rap debate (one that only happened because someone refused to correct their spelling, having used the word rap when they intended to use the word rape):
Vote Placed by warren42 2 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Though Con did start out by trolling, once Pro gave protest, Con quickly argued contraceptives are bad due to the false sense of security, negative affects of the pill, and blood clots. Pro never refuted any of these, continuing to call Con a troll, even though they had presented substantial arguments at this point.