lannan13
Domr

Contradiction Debate

Domr

lannan13

Pro

During this debate the Pro has to try to not contradict himself while Con asks questions, he must give a reason why he thinks this way.
1st Round: Questions by Con.
2-4- questions and answers.
5- Good-ByeNo cussing.
No bold letters.
No confusing questions like: Do you not not not not not not like the letter X?
BoP will be on Con to prove the contradiction and may not ask Pro weather or not a contradiction was made yet.
Contradictions may be brought up anytime in this debate.
You may ask only 10 questions per round.
Try to keep the questions PG13 and appropriate for this website.
Pro must answer the questions answered by Con.
If any of these rules are violated all 7 points go to the other person.

In order for Pro to win he mustn't make a contradiction and for Con to win he/she must prove that Pro has made a leggitamate contradiction.
Domr

Con

I accept this challenge. I thank Ian for opening it up to me. This is an interesting type debate, I am quite new to the site as is and look forward to this different challenge.

I shall start off with a few questions:

1. What is your favorite color?

2. If you play any sports (or other hobbies) name 3 of them (I don't need a reason)

3. Have you ever been in love? (with a girlfriend, fiance, wife....not family members)

4. Would you have voted for Obama or Romney in this past election? (Neither is a valid answer, need a reason)

5. Pro-Life or Pro-Choice (in terms of abortion...do not need a reason)

6. Assuming the future would not change, If you could go back in time, would you kill Hitler, Bin Laden, or Stalin?

lannan13

Pro

1. Turquoise.

2. I play pickleball on Wednesday nights. I do Chess club during the school year.

3. Yes, girlfriends.

4. Neither, I would have voted for Virgil Goode, US Constitution Party.

5. Pro-Life.

6. I'd kill Leinin before he became a communist.
Domr

Con

Thank you for your quick reply. I shall continue my questions...

1. As a Christian - Catholic (based on your profile) You believe in God and His Word (The Bible)? (No Reason...NR)

2. In Chess, do you know the shortest amount of moves you have won in? (If you don't know that is fine)

3. What made you join the Marines?

4. What is/will be your MOS?

5. If you won $100 million dollars from the lottery (after taxes) how much would you give to charities/churches as a donation? (NR)

6. Have you ever forfeited a debate on this website?

7. What is your favorite Yu-Gi-Oh card?
lannan13

Pro

1. I believe in God and his Word.

2. I never keep track of that.

3. They have a strong sense of brotherhood.

4. CBRN (Chemical Biological Radioactive and Nuclear) Specialist, but after I graduate collage I will transfer to active duty and become a JAG officer.

5. $10 million would go to my church of Most Pure Heart of Mary.

6. Sadly yes.

7. Breaker the Magical Warrior. (http://yugioh.wikia.com...)

*Side note for question 2 last round. I am not involved in 3 or more clubs/sports.
Domr

Con

Your side note is perfectly acceptable. Thank you for clarifying.

However, I would like to point out a contradiction made. In Round 1, I asked if you would kill if you could go back in time. I gave you options on who you could kill, and you understood you were not limited to those choices based on your response of Lenin.

In Round 2, you said you believe in God and his Word. Jesus asks us to love your neighbor as yourself. You would not be acting in any self-defense manner as to justify your actions when you said you would go back in time and kill Lenin.

You would be actively going against the Word you believe in.
lannan13

Pro

My opponent states that I have made a Contradiction, but he is incorrect as the Bible does support killing nonbelievers. Let me provide the verse.

"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel." Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT

&

"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." 2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB

Lenin was a communist who believed in complete atheism. (http://sfr-21.org...) Thus showing that both of these verses justify the killing of Vladimir Lenin.
Domr

Con

Pro has indeed contradicted himself. Both quotes from the bible state the man shall be put to death. This term, put to death, clearly means by the actions of judge and executioner. Pro has not practiced execution and has not been given the right by God, or those men appointed by God (in high standing in society, lawmakers, etc) to be the executioner.

To go back in time and "kill" (as mentioned in the question) is an act of murder.

Also, you had mentioned you would "kill Lenin before he became a communist." Lenin was baptized in the Russian Orthodox Church, which is a branch of Christianity. Before Lenin was a communist, he was a Christian, and later refuted his beliefs and was Atheist.

http://www.paralumun.com...
lannan13

Pro

My opponent is once again false. Let me again go to the Bible. In Luke 4:16- Luke 4:30, tells the story of Jesus teaching in Nazareth and a group of men set out to kill him, because of his teachings interfering with their beliefs. (http://www.christendom-awake.org...)

For him being originally religious I have another Bible verse for that.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5.

Here we can see that since God has known Lenin since before he was born, he also knew about the atrocities that he would commit and the cause and effects of his teachings would have.

Con has also Violated the terms of acceptance for this debate as he did not ask questions in the Questioning designated rounds of 3 and 4.

So seeing that I have yet to make a contradiction and how Con violated the terms of acceptance and rules for this debate I can see no other acceptable route, but to vote Pro.

Thank you!
Domr

Con

The first bible reference made in Round 5 by Pro, is about Jesus' suffering for his beliefs. This is no way applied to Lenin and your murdering of him.

The second reference is directly to Jeremiah. Now God does know all of his children before they are formed in the womb, and he is the ultimate Judge. We are not the judge. We cannot determine who should be put to death.

You said directly you would kill Lenin before he became a communist. That is before he committed the wrongdoings you are quoting in all over your bible verses. Regardless of how the future happen, you are killing (not putting to death) and innocent man.

The rules also state I am allowed to bring up a contradictions at any point during the debate. By saying you have not contradicted yourself is a contradiction in itself, which you have done in Rounds 4 and 5. My questions are unwarranted as a contradiction has been made, thus nullifying the debate as I would be the winner upon your contradiction.
Posted by dynamicduodebaters 2 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
i can't vote but- vote Domr
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
I would like to accept this debate. please open criteria.
Posted by RainbowDash52 2 years ago
RainbowDash52
Is pro required to answer the questions asked by con? Because if not, pro can easily win by not saying anything.
Posted by TheKnifeKnight 2 years ago
TheKnifeKnight
To bad I can't do this. You being catholic makes it easier. Good luck to you.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
lannan13DomrTied
Reasons for voting decision: Bible is cool with slaughtering nonbelievers.
Vote Placed by neutral 2 years ago
neutral
lannan13DomrTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con, its a clear contradiction. Would you murder an innocent man who had not yet created a crime? The Bible abhors that ... Pro should have simply conceded the point.
Vote Placed by NathanDuclos 2 years ago
NathanDuclos
lannan13DomrTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was epic and thank you the debate. . .
Vote Placed by InfiniteBears 2 years ago
InfiniteBears
lannan13DomrTied
Reasons for voting decision: "By saying you have not contradicted yourself is a contradiction in itself, which you have done in Rounds 4 and 5." got em good
Vote Placed by muzebreak 2 years ago
muzebreak
lannan13DomrTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con established a contradiction in Pro's answers. Pro not only failed to argue against Cons reasoning, but even attempted to say that Con had violated a rule he had set at the start then stated because of this people should vote pro. As such, I give Con conduct and argument points. No sources were given, and spelling and grammar seemed even to me. As such, no points were awarded for either.