Thiest_1998
atjacobmajor

Contradictions in Genesis

atjacobmajor has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

Thiest_1998

Con

If anyone can prove a contradiction in Genesis I'll leave the faith
Posted by missmedic 1 day ago
missmedic
Sorry but I do not think we share the same intellectual understanding of the world.
Posted by Thiest_1998 1 day ago
Thiest_1998
I did, please point out my mistakes.
Posted by missmedic 4 days ago
missmedic
Judging from your answers, you did not read what I wrote or you did not understand what you read.
Posted by Thiest_1998 5 days ago
Thiest_1998
No thank you for your time
Posted by Thiest_1998 5 days ago
Thiest_1998
missmedic please do research before asking questions like this because the Bible doesn't say God has any needs, God promotes love the Bible says Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 22:39 another assumption that he is imperfect.

"Believers must be able to present a model of the universe in which some god is either required, productive, or useful". Why would we have to present a model of the universe

I would believe that those qualities should come hand in hand with beliefs but as a side note what is your point?
Posted by Thiest_1998 5 days ago
Thiest_1998
missmedic Adam and Eve don't have any parents they were the first people on earth
Posted by Thiest_1998 5 days ago
Thiest_1998
Posted by Thiest_1998 5 days ago
Thiest_1998
You'd be surprised of the amount of people that deliberately get into the ad book and still believe in him.

The difference is you can clearly see that the ball in front of you is red even if someone give you money to say otherwise you'll always know that it's red because you've seen it even if someone smacks you they're training you to be delusional, but it's real I know its real, I know it is and you can't prove otherwise.
Posted by missmedic 1 week ago
missmedic
Thank for your time.
Posted by missmedic 1 week ago
missmedic
A god with needs is an imperfect being. An imperfect being is unworthy of worship. A god that promotes hatred is unworthy of belief. Believers must be able to present a model of the universe in which some god is either required, productive, or useful. Our deeds are more important than our creeds and dogmas should never override compassion for others. What we value (honesty, fairness, kindness, compassion, mutual respect) will always matter more then what we believe, because we are more alike then we are unlike, no matter what we believe.