AnotherBoredGod
AllahoAkbar

Convince me of your god

AllahoAkbar

AnotherBoredGod

Con

So many gods... so many ideas... which ones are true?

With all these gods come the rules that they would have us follow... and our eternity could possibly hang in the balance depending on what we believe in our short and yet dragging lives.

I want you to convince me of your god... that your god is more true than your neighbor's god.

I in turn, will do what I can with my current knowledge to show you the errors in your reasoning.

Please leave your petty text-based arguments out of the conversation... You're better than that.

This is not a challenge for the feeble...

I'm not pretentious... I swear.

(this is a casual logic event)
AllahoAkbar

Pro

I thank Pro for instigating this great debate & I accept the challenge.

In this debate I will do my best to convince Pro that My God "Allah" is the best and only God, and show from his attributes that there is no other deity is worthy of worship beside Allah.

I will go straight to the topic:

First, What the word itself "ALLAH" means?
1- “Allah” is the same word that Arabic-speaking Muslims, Christians and Jews use for God. If you pick up an Arabic Bible or Quran you will see the word “Allah” being used where “God” is used in English. This is because “Allah” is a word in the Arabic language equivalent to the English word “God” with a capital “G”.
2- The word “Allah” cannot be made plural, a fact which goes hand-in-hand with the Islamic concept of one and only one God.
3- The Aramaic word “El”, which is the word for God in the language that Jesus spoke, is certainly more similar in sound to the word “Allah” than the English word “God.” This also holds true for the various Hebrew words for God, which is “El” and “Elah”, and the plural or glorified form “Elohim.” The reason for these similarities is that Aramaic, Hebrew and Arabic are all Semitic languages with common origins. It should also be noted that in translating the Bible into English, the Hebrew word “El” is translated variously as “God”, “god” and “angel”! This imprecise language allows different translators, based on their preconceived notions, to translate the word to fit their own views. The Arabic word “Allah” presents no such difficulty or ambiguity, since it is only used for Almighty God alone. Additionally, in English, the only difference between “god”, meaning a false god, and “God”, meaning the One True God, is the capital “G”. Due to the above mentioned facts, a more accurate translation of the word “Allah” into English might be “The One -and-Only God” or “The One True God.”
4-the Arabic word “Allah” contains a deep religious message due to its root meaning and origin. This is because it stems from the Arabic verb ta’allaha (or alaha), which means “to be worshipped.” Thus in Arabic, the word “Allah” means “The One who deserves all worship.” This, in a nutshell, is the Pure Monotheistic message of Islam.

Second, what is Allah's attributes?
Allah has described Himself in the Quran through His Names and Attributes, 99 (100 with the word Allah) attributes to be exact, which without them no God is a true God, they are;

The All-Merciful, The Absolute Ruler, The Pure One, The Source of Peace, The Inspirer of Faith, The Guardian, The Victorious, The Compeller, The Greatest, The Creator, The Maker of Order, The Shaper of Beauty, The Forgiving, The Subduer, The Giver of All, The Sustainer, The Opener, The Knower of All, The Constrictor, The Reliever, The Abaser,
The Exalter, The Bestower of Honors, The Humiliator, The Hearer of All, The Seer of All, The Judge, The Just, The Subtle One, The All-Aware, The Forbearing, The Magnificent, The Forgiver and Hider of Faults, The Rewarder of Thankfulness, The Highest, The Greatest, The Preserver, The Nourisher, The Accounter, The Mighty, The Generous, The Watchful One, The Responder to Prayer, The All-Comprehending, The Perfectly Wise, The Loving One, The Majestic One, The Resurrector, The Witness, The Truth, The Trustee, The Possessor of All Strength, The Forceful One, The Governor, The Praised One, The Appraiser, The Originator, The Restorer, The Giver of Life, The Taker of Life, The Ever Living One, The Self-Existing One, The Finder, The Glorious, The One, the All Inclusive, The Indivisible, The Satisfier of All Needs, The All Powerful, The Creator of, All Power, The Expediter, The Delayer, The First, The Last, The Manifest One, The Hidden One, The Protecting Friend, The Supreme One, The Doer of Good, The Guide to Repentance, The Avenger, The Forgiver, The Clement, The Owner of All, The Lord of Majesty and Bounty, The Equitable One, The Gatherer, The Rich One, The Enricher, The Preventer of Harm, The Creator of The Harmful, The Creator of Good, The Light, The Guide, The Originator, The Everlasting One, The Inheritor of All, The Righteous Teacher, The Patient One,

Third Why do we need Allah?
All of God's attributes are active and working in us and around us, some of us will think and contemplate on them feel them and see them, some will ignore and never think or notice them, but one of God's attributes is "to Create", and without a constant creations God is not a creator, and we are a part of what God created, and just like everything else we need a place, a direction (a Manuel) and a propose (a goal to achieve) and that is where we need Allah;

A Place:The Earth! everything on it is made from it, it is the perfect place for the human race to live and enjoy all its wonders and creatures, and the shield of the skies for protection, the sun, the moon and everything we need to prosper and grow, while learning and advancing.

A Direction (a Manuel): Muslims believe that there are more than 124 thousands Prophets and massagers has been chosen by God to guide people and nations throughout history from the first prophet Adam (pbuh) to the last prophet and messenger Muhammad (pbuh) with scriptures and revelations to convey the same massage that God is 1 and only, God is absolute unchanged, that he cannot beget nor is borne, and there is nothing can be compared to him.

A Purpose (A goal to achieve): It is always been a mind boggling to me that every creature is born with the knowledge of what he should do and what is his propose in life, and how to maintain himself while improving his environment, except the human race they are gifted on how to complicate their life’s while destroying themselves and everything around them.

So obviously the human race is not created mainly to provide or maintain the environment for other creatures, but their main purpose as a thinking species is to seek their creator and worship him.

That is in short what Allah is? What is his unique attributes? And why he created us?

Thanks

AnotherBoredGod

Con

I can appreciate your well written opening statement, but text-based arguments mean very little and were requested to remain absent. A believer of Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, or Judaism can quote their holy doctrine all day until they are blue in the face... but nothing changes. I want to know what sets your beliefs apart from all the others in an a defined way. You briefly touched on this, so I will address those points that were made in the hopes that you will have a more clear understanding of the intentions of the debate.

- "All of God's attributes are active and working in us and around us, some of us will think and contemplate on them feel them and see them, some will ignore and never think or notice them, but one of God's attributes is "to Create", and without a constant creations God is not a creator, and we are a part of what God created, and just like everything else we need a place, a direction"

This statement describes so many different gods and brings nothing to the debate.

- "The Earth! everything on it is made from it, it is the perfect place for the human race to live and enjoy all its wonders and creatures, and the shield of the skies for protection, the sun, the moon and everything we need to prosper and grow, while learning and advancing."

I do hope that the optimism in this statement reflects a happy and healthy mental state.

When you display only a few parts of the picture, you can make a very nice and much smaller picture. You appear to forget that the universe contains everything that we know. If you can think of a horrible thing that might be reality, then it very likely is reality and has very likely happened more than once, especially if relating to human experiences. Think of the people being raped at this very moment that you are reading this, and every moment of the rest of your life. Reality is not perfect. Nowhere close. When you get tired of realizing that reality, try spending some time understanding other uncomfortable realities. Confront your fears... confront yourself. You don't need to hide your mind. Reality is comforting once you begin to experience it.

When made aware of reality, the idea of any sort of "perfect place" is very far from the present truth that we experience. Everything works as it should, but it has no favor towards any of us.

The fact that you are alive right now means nothing and everything. It's a part of reality.

- "Muslims believe that there are more than 124 thousands Prophets and massagers has been chosen by God to guide people and nations throughout history from the first prophet Adam (pbuh) to the last prophet and messenger Muhammad (pbuh) with scriptures and revelations to convey the same massage that God is 1 and only, God is absolute unchanged, that he cannot beget nor is borne, and there is nothing can be compared to him."

Another text based argument with no grounds in reality to someone who may live in another part of the world. To those who can not read and have no other believers of X faith to listen to, how would they determine that your way is superior?

- "It is always been a mind boggling to me that every creature is born with the knowledge of what he should do and what is his propose in life, and how to maintain himself while improving his environment, except the human race they are gifted on how to complicate their life"s while destroying themselves and everything around them."

Do you really believe this?

- "So obviously the human race is not created mainly to provide or maintain the environment for other creatures, but their main purpose as a thinking species is to seek their creator and worship him."

Your god sounds petty and selfish from this line alone. It creates an entire intricate universe that it has no intention of maintaining just to hear a lesser form of intelligence worship him? This sounds familiar as well.

Again, you have failed to set your god apart from the others.

If every version of your holy book were to vanish, is the idea of your god powerful enough to exist without texts?
AllahoAkbar

Pro

First I would like to thank my opponent for his respond to my opening, and again for starting this interesting debate.

Before I start my answers in this round I would like to remind my opponent and the readers that I’m debating about my God not my faith or my religion , but none less I will touch on them to clarify issues and misconceptions if requested of me to do so.

“Text-based arguments mean very little and were requested to remain absent.”

I agreed and I tried to keep away from referencing any verses to support my points, although it seems that Allah (swt) attributes are verses from the Qur’an, frankly they are not, the attributes are scattered in all the 114 chapters, and they are essential to distinct Allah (swt) from other Gods.

“I want to know what sets your beliefs apart from all the others in an a defined way.”

Even though the topic of “what my belief is” deferent than “why my God is Unique?” as I expressed earlier, But I will clarify more, My belief is called “Islam” meaning “Peacefully submitting one’s self to God” it is pure monotheistic Abrahamic faith, it is very distinct from other beliefs because it establishes a true and pure Idea of the oneness of God (no partners, helpers or associates), pure monotheism (no Sons, Daughter or Wife), with infinite power and ability to God (he don’t tire or sleep, he don’t need rest or get bored) which clearly support the name Allah (swt) as a unique name, Islamic faith differentiate itself from other believes because it requires 5 actions to be completed (the 5 pillars of Islam) 1- Saying and believing the words “There is no God but Allah, Muhammad is the massager of Allah” 2- Performing the 5 daily prayers, 3- Giving the yearly charity to the poor, 4- Fasting the month of Ramadan, 5- performing at least once in life the pilgrimage to Mecca if health and finances permits it.

Islam also makes it clear to its followers that they are all equal in the sight of God no one is better than the other except in piety and righteousness, that man and woman are equal but deferent in duties and responsibilities so they strengthen each other’s weakness, that we all shepherds and each is responsible about His/hers dependents and will be held accountable (from the man and woman for their home and kids, to the presidents and kings for their countries and people), which is also sets Islam (as a religion and a way of life) unique amongst other religions.

“This statement describes so many different gods and brings nothing to the debate.”

It brings to the debate Allah (swt) unique perspective of why everything was created before man, while repairing, providing and helping man achieve his purpose to exist.

“I do hope that the optimism in this statement reflects a happy and healthy mental state.”

Thanks for the sarcasm, but I think you failed to see my point which is, everything around us is perfect and has a clear understanding of purpose, while the majority of Humans in this time and age can’t even answer a simple question like “Why am I here?”

“Think of the people being raped at this very moment that you are reading this, and every moment of the rest of your life. Reality is not perfect.”

Reality is what we make it to be, it is hard, insane and ugly I agree but still it is our choices that created it for ourselves, do we have enough laws and Guidance to stop it? Yes we do but WE (as individuals) chose not to, Why God don’t stop such insanity? Because if he do then where is our choice? And what is the point of us to exist if we have no choice in our actions (Good or evil)?

Also you misunderstood the word "perfect place" with “man nature”.

“Your god sounds petty and selfish from this line alone.” I disagree, you are limiting the word “Worshipping” to what actions or words performed by believers, which is stereotype opinion, also it forces me to speak about Islam and Not my God, and my time and the availbe space here is limited.

“If every version of your holy book were to vanish, is the idea of your god powerful enough to exist without texts?”

This is a great Question, and the answer is yes, here is some points;

1- His name is Unique and truly represent him “Allah” is a name never used through history to represent anything else but the Creator name, it can’t be made plural as the word “Gods”, nor it represent Gender as the words “God or Goddess”.

2- He created Time and Space, and he is not limited by them, controlled by them or in any way affected by them.

3- He does not resemble humans, Objects or images; no Imagination can do him fair nor truly describes him.

4- He does not require sleep, nor does He get tired or inpatient, All of his creations believes and actions will not increases his abilities or powers, neither our disbelieve and actions would decrease his abilities or powers.

5- He is One without a second, Creator without a helper, Sustainer without a provider, Sees without been limited by our Visions or imaginations.

I belive I have answerd Logically why My God "Allah" (swt) is supreame and Unique in many aspects to other man made Gods.

And Allah (swt) has the best of examples and he knows best.
(swt) in Arabic means (The Exalted, The Majestic and Sublime) in English.

Allah Guides me and you to the straight path.
Thanks

AnotherBoredGod

Con

AnotherBoredGod forfeited this round.
AllahoAkbar

Pro

I'll wait for Con response, Thanks.
AnotherBoredGod

Con

AnotherBoredGod forfeited this round.
AllahoAkbar

Pro

Waiting for Con.
AnotherBoredGod

Con

AnotherBoredGod forfeited this round.
AllahoAkbar

Pro

There is only one God (Allah) and Muhammad (pbuh) is his final prophet and messenger to all mankind.
haven't I conveyed the message? Allah is my witness.
Thanks
Posted by AllahoAkbar 2 years ago
AllahoAkbar
@Bright_Knight Honestly i really don't know who is "Adnan Ibrahim" is, also I'm not claiming any credit for the quote, I said it over a month ago in a conversation with an atheist friend, and here as you see 2 days ago, not yesterday, but if "Adnan Ibrahim" said the same thing in "a TV show yesterday" then great minds think a like.
Posted by Bright_Knight 2 years ago
Bright_Knight
AllahoAkbar
You should be more honest and humble, and mention who you quoted that quote from, which is Adnan Ibrahim who said that exact phrase in a TV show yesterday.
Posted by Bright_Knight 2 years ago
Bright_Knight
AllahoAkbar
You should be more honest and loyal and mention who you quoted that quote from, which is Adnan Ibrahim who said that exact phrase in a TV show yesterday.
Posted by AllahoAkbar 2 years ago
AllahoAkbar
Tell me what you love the most, I will tell you who your God is, Tell me which way of life you believe is correct, I will tell you what is your Religion.
It is that simple we all have a God and a Religion, but some of us don't like to be labeled.
Posted by Jetfuelcantmeltsteelbeams 2 years ago
Jetfuelcantmeltsteelbeams
There is no god.
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
No.6. There is one god you must trust. It is you. Only whit that god you can be youself, and not an illusion of youself..
Posted by Antigravitybelt 2 years ago
Antigravitybelt
- The God of Christianity is the only one who died to save His creations.
- There are specific prophecies in the Bible that can't be "interpreted away".
- Christianity discourages love for material earth possessions, encourages seeking after heavenly riches (which isn't just a pile of gold in heaven).
- God of the Bible invented the "golden rule", which brings me to
- Divine logic written in the Bible, timeless life lessons. (yes, same in many religions but many diverse examples given in the Bible)
- God of the Bible is of same character throughout different authors.
- Extrabiblical references to things written in the Bible. (Google it)
- Bible says 500 witnesses to Jesus's ascension into heaven after his resurrection. God is practical in making sure that happened.
- General revelation is the concept that people can be "circumcized of the heart" in that if they are ignorant to God's laws or the knowledge of Jesus, God provides opportunities for that person to make intelligent decisions to cultivate a pure heart or otherwise. Meaning that your hearing about Jesus isn't a contingency of salvation. That's practical. But for someone who has heard the news of Jesus's sacrifice and chooses to reject, they are held responsible.
- God of christianity seeks a personal intimate relationship with His followers, other gods keep their distance.
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
Well. Now we got 4 gods created by 4 people....
Posted by AllahoAkbar 2 years ago
AllahoAkbar
@DanMGTOW
fact: a loving and merciful GOD gave us a clear message that he is not joking around with us, and that Heaven and Hell are as real as we are, and he gave us the time and the guidance to pick one of the 2.
fact: a just GOD would know that if he wipe out my memory of Hell and send us back to life again (infinite times) we will be doing exactly what we did the first time to deserve to be in Hell for infinity.
fact: an "all knowing GOD" already know what profe every single 1 of us need to believe in him and he doing just that differently to each different person, but it's our choice to accept it or not.

If you believe then you already doing the worshiping, the prophet said "Believing is what settled in the heart and confirmed by the actions".
Posted by AllahoAkbar 2 years ago
AllahoAkbar
@canis "show me god" if some one can show you God then that God is not God, because God can't be inside our space and time or controlled by it, if our space and time can affect him or control him then he is definitely not God.
Sorry but i disagree that "show me god" is the right question to be asked.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
AnotherBoredGodAllahoAkbarTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff