TalkingWaffle69
Cbrown0502

Convince me that eating meat is evil

TalkingWaffle69

TalkingWaffle69

Con

I hear a lot of people say they think eating meat is evil or bad for some reason. I'd like to hear what someone who thinks this way has to say.
Cbrown0502

Pro

I don't think you are understanding this whole thing really. Most vegetarians or vegans don't claim that eating animals or their products is evil, they just don't agree with it. I think that you should respect their views, as they will respect yours!
TalkingWaffle69

Con

I know not all of them think it's evil but some people actually do so I wanted to hear from someone who has that opinion. Next time leave this in the comment section.
Cbrown0502

Pro

Meat itself isn't evil. Eating it is. Eating the flesh of a live animal is like eating it's soul. You wouldn't eat your pet would you? So why eat a cow? Or a pig? They can be used for other things. Cows for their milk, Pigs for wallowing and churning the mud, chickens for their eggs, etc. Eating them however, is unethical. You should be ashamed!
TalkingWaffle69

Con

Nature is animals eating other animals. We are just another animal. Our mouths are literally made for eating meat and herbs. Animals were meant to be eaten. And here in America it might not be normal to eat a dog or a cat but in other countries it is, and in some countries cows are considered sacred but here we have them for milk, meat, and clothing. And also, animals don't have souls. Religiously speaking it would then be a sin to kill an animal. Eating meat is not evil because it is a part of nature and it doesn't ever hurt anyone. I am not ashamed of eating meat, in fact, I enjoy hunting down a deer, killing it, gutting it, skinning it, harvesting its meat and cooking it up.
Cbrown0502

Pro

You're saying our mouths are made for eating.... That's like saying our hands are made for murder, and our mouths are made for swearing. The fact that you enjoy killing an animal has no purpose in this debate. How can you say animals don't have souls? You can't just neglect the argument and state that... Give me details. Sure, foreign countries have taboos in which they eat domesticated animals, but that doesn't make it right to be able to eat an animal... I am my own person, and I believe meat is evil, foreign countries are not influential to my opinion.
Posted by Cbrown0502 2 years ago
Cbrown0502
That was my opinion in the beginning, honestly i couldn't go a day being a vegetarian
Posted by DieDork 2 years ago
DieDork
This debate is stupid.
People have different moral compasses and different opinions (thankfully).
You should eat meat if you want to and not eat meat if you think it is wrong. And you shouldn't openly judge people for doing something other then you, that is what creates prejudice people.
Posted by TalkingWaffle69 2 years ago
TalkingWaffle69
Yes, I agree. Thank you kind sir.
Posted by CooCooClockofDoom 2 years ago
CooCooClockofDoom
You should have left the argument you posted in the comment section Cbrown0502, so someone who actually wants to debate this argument could debate this with him.
Vote Placed by Robert_Weiler 2 years ago
Robert_Weiler
TalkingWaffle69Cbrown0502Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Sources were not used so 0/0. S&G were equal. Conduct to Con since Pro presented no true argument until round 2, wasting a good debate round. Arguments clearly go to Con, as Pro seemed to realize his error in round 2 and only half-seriously participated.