aaronr8684
uj0320

Corn Ethanol is worse than Gasoline (from crude oil) as our (US) primary automobile fuel

aaronr8684

aaronr8684

Pro

Before I give my arguments, I'd like to lay out some ground rules. Accepting this debate is accepting my terms of this debate. Because my rules may not be perfect, I will allow the first round to be a chance for my opponent to challenge my rules. No arguments are to be given during this round. Only the ground rules and changes relating to those ground rules. As I feel that none of these rules are unreasonable, I will have the final say as to whether they stand as the debate goes into round two. Rounds 2-4 will be the debate (3 round debate for those bad at math :-P).

Rule:
1) Don't argue semantics (that includes the rules). If you think a mistake has been made (with data), you may point it out. If the other person does not challenge it in the following round (of the round the mistake was pointed out), the mistake stands as part of the argument. If the mistake isn't pointed out by the other side, it may be corrected in any round. Spelling mistakes should be ignored by the debaters (but noted by the voters) unless the debaters have trouble making sense of the arguments because of it.

2) BOTH sides have the "burden of proof" as people like to call it. This is not a court where the conclusion is wrong until proved right or vise versa. Both sides must prove (as best they can) that their position is right (con being the negative of pro's stance).

3) Keep to the resolution. Try not to get distracted with non-related topics. Also, avoid personal attacks. This just makes you look weaker on your arguments and less professional.

4) No new arguments in the final round. This round should be used to refute the previous arguments and make your conclusion.

Sorry about having to do this, but I'm sick of good debates getting tied up with semantics and other tactics. If you don't like the rules, don't accept the debate. Like I said, I'm open to changing and adding rules, but don't count on getting rid of the majority of them.

If you have nothing to change, just say "I accept the rules as stated" in your first round and we'll get to the arguments.

My stance: The resolution as stated. The resolution is meant to be in general, not one area (environmentally, economically, etc.). However, those specific areas will make up the general picture.

Hopefully this will be a good, fun debate.
uj0320

Con

The reason for us to use alternative energy incentives such as biofuels like ethanol oil is not only to diminish the environmental crisis that we're facing right now, but also to maximize the efficiency of the use of natural resources that we have been traditionally using such as gasoline as you stated.

As the prices of oil have been increasing drastically for past years, the price matter of corn that is used to produce ethanol oil is not a serious fact that can hold back our use of ethanol oil, when it is environmental friendly and also more efficient than pure gasoline.

I request my opponent to represent specific reasons for us not to use ethanol oil, and why insist pure gasoline that is limited and has harmful environmental impacts.
aaronr8684

Pro

aaronr8684 forfeited this round.
uj0320

Con

uj0320 forfeited this round.
aaronr8684

Pro

aaronr8684 forfeited this round.
uj0320

Con

uj0320 forfeited this round.
aaronr8684

Pro

aaronr8684 forfeited this round.
uj0320

Con

uj0320 forfeited this round.
Posted by aaronr8684 8 years ago
aaronr8684
It's always money...**sigh**
Posted by burningpuppies101 8 years ago
burningpuppies101
politics. it looks better to say you support corn ethanol cuz not as many people realize how bad corn ethanol is. when you say oil, people immediatley think of bad things.
Posted by Rezzealaux 8 years ago
Rezzealaux
Money.
Posted by aaronr8684 8 years ago
aaronr8684
If it's a fact, why are people pushing so hard for it?
Posted by Rezzealaux 8 years ago
Rezzealaux
Oh, it's been made fact?

Sweet.

Now I don't have to search through my PopSci library to find the exact issue in which I read it.
Posted by burningpuppies101 8 years ago
burningpuppies101
hasn't this been made fact? so there should no reason as to a Pro loss. if that happens.......
Posted by LR4N6FTW4EVA 8 years ago
LR4N6FTW4EVA
This is a very hard debate to lose.
Posted by Rezzealaux 8 years ago
Rezzealaux
I will laugh if PRO does not win.
Vote Placed by the_conservative 8 years ago
the_conservative
aaronr8684uj0320Tied