laleona89
vardas0antras

Corporal punsihment for children

Con Tied Pro

laleona89

Con

This debate will be more about how corporal punishment works at schools and why it is incorrect, rather than at home. How can children know the difference between right and wrong, and how can teacher ensure and establish order in class as well as an appropiate environment for learning.

My opponent will start this debate with his arguments.

Than you for accepting this debate and Happy Holidays!!
vardas0antras

Pro

O Observations
My opponents title:
1."Corporal punsihment for children" Has the word punishment misspelled.
2.We will be focusing on corporal punishment in schools "This debate will be more about how corporal punishment works at schools". I am free to assume that there's no corporal punishment outside of school and vice versa.
3.I can begin in round one "My opponent will start this debate with his arguments"
O Burden of Proof
Is equal.

O Definitions
Corporal Punishment:
"physical punishment, as spanking, inflicted on a child by an adult in authority."
Dictionary.com
Child:
"a person between birth and full growth; a boy or girl: books for children."
Dictionary.com

O Notes
Interestingly my opponent said "Corporal punsihment for children". That's right we're talking about punishment for children and not against them. One must realize that corporal punishment and child abuse are two different things .One acts as an attention getter in a controlled atmosphere, while the other is used intentionally to harm the child in a physical manner.

My opponent may not under any circumstances say what kind of corporal punishment I support. In this debate you have mentioned no specifics hence I get to add my own details.

O Arguments
1. Quick and Effective
Corporal punishment is quick and effective. I don't think that this can be argued.

2. Being Spoiled
Undisciplined children are in danger of becoming tyrants. Todays society is a good example:
http://www.leaderu.com...

3. Parents
We can argue until the bears take over this site but ultimately its our parents choice:
" Many school districts also offer parents an opportunity to state whether or not they wish corporal punishment to be used on their sons and daughters. Typically, the parents fill out a form which is filed in the school office. In many districts this is an "opt-out" system. In others an "opt-in" system applies, whereby no student is so punished without explicit parental consent."

Thank you
laleona89

Con

laleona89 forfeited this round.
laleona89

Con

Sorry for forfeiting but I was stuck without Internet for about one week because there were some malfunctions without the connection.

Pro says that corporal punishment is quick and effective, but it's not. Kids start to feel bad and there is a point when some decide that they will not take that anymore and rebel or start to react negatively which prove that in long term cases it does not work effectively. Aldo the other oart may go into depression because when they get hit or spanked they feel worse than when you talk to them and explain them what they did wrong and why it is wrong.

Pro also states that undisciplined kids may Become tyrants. Well you can discipline your students without using corporal punishment, for example, in school today they don't use corporal punishment and kids turn out okay.

EXTRA ARGUMENTS:
1. Even in school when beating is uses the kids lose respect for the adult who is inducing the beating, also they lose self-respect and they start act mischievously.

2. They learn that it is not wrong to use force in human interactions.

3. Kids also make many visits to the hospital for nerve damage or even broken bones.
vardas0antras

Pro

"Pro says that corporal punishment is quick and effective, but it's not."
There are exceptions sure but exceptions don't count.

" Kids start to feel bad and there is a point when some decide that they will not take that anymore and rebel or start to react negatively which prove that in long term cases it does not work effectively." This is a common or in other words a commonly heard case when children are abused. There is no evidence of this in schools when corporal punishment is applied nor in average families, instead this practice is held due to its quick and effective nature.

"Aldo the other oart may go into depression because when they get hit or spanked they feel worse than when you talk to them and explain them what they did wrong and why it is wrong." Same objection as above.

" Well you can discipline your students without using corporal punishment, for example, in school today they don't use corporal punishment and kids turn out okay." As I have pointed out, under the spoiled section theres a link where we read that society is becoming more and more violent.

Extra Arguments:
1." Even in school when beating is uses the kids lose respect for the adult who is inducing the beating, also they lose self-respect and they start act mischievously" Both statements are unheard of when corporal punishment is moderated.
2. "They learn that it is not wrong to use force in human interactions." Elaborate.
3. "Kids also make many visits to the hospital for nerve damage or even broken bones." I proposed controlled corporal punishment and not battering.
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
No contest, though it would have been nice to see sources for the assertions in both arguments in the final round.
Posted by laleona89 6 years ago
laleona89
sorry
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
"punsihment"
You ought to be more careful.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
laleona89vardas0antrasTied