Vikal1234
codemeister13

Corruption is neccasity

codemeister13

Vikal1234

Con

Everybody want to eradicate corruption,
codemeister13

Pro

I accept this debate and eagerly await your opening remarks. For the purpose of this debate, I suppose the burden of proof shall fall on myself. I must prove why corruption is necessary.

After you, my friend.
Vikal1234

Con

corruption should be eradicate form the root. Why corruption has been started it is just because of our lackness, non fulfill of requirements of statutes, whenever somebody ask for our total income then we describe less income for avoidance of Taxes and give bribe to Income tax officer, whenever we not follow the traffic rules then we give bribe to Policemen to hide our mistake, Even sometimes our all documents are complete then we also give bribery, Do you know why because of Lack of knowledge , we don't want to give proper fees to consultant,
Whenever we think corruption then it begin from us at end upon us and we always want a true leader just like Arvind Kejriwal to fight with corruption
codemeister13

Pro

For the sake of this debate, let us just make sure we understand what corruption is.

• cor·rup·tion
  • [ kə rúpsh'n ]
  1. dishonesty for personal gain: dishonest exploitation of power for personal gain
  2. depravity: extreme immorality or depravity
  3. undesirable change: an undesirable change in meaning or another error introduced into a text during copying

Source: Bing Dictionary (I know, I know. Bing over Google. How dare I?)

Under these definitions, I wish to make the argument that corruption is necessary for the following reasons:

1.) Heroes rise from corruption
2.) Corruption lies at the very core of every person
3.) Corruption encourages progress through indirect means

1.) Heroes rise from corruption.

Under the second definition of corruption, we have seen countless heroes rise. Many have seen incredible amounts of immorality and have finally taken a stand against it. One of these notable heroes is Nelson Mandela who stood against the corruption and immortality that was apartheid. Through his lifetime, he led South Africa in a crusade against apartheid by advocating for a military wing of the African National Congress after its banishment in 1960. Upon being tried for treason by the corrupted government in 1956, he faced acquital in 1961. Still lobbying against the apartheid government, Mandela found himself once again in a courtroom and was sentenced to life imprisonment in 1964. Mandela became a heroic icon of the movement against this immorality as he consistently stood up for what he believed was moral, never compromising his beliefs, even when the corrupted government offered him a pardon should he admit what he was doing was wrong. [1]

2.) Corruption lies at the core of every person.

This is indeed a bold claim but allow me to clarify it a bit. Let us take a look at a hypothetical example. As you're walking down the street, you happen to see a wallet just sitting there. All of the person's identification cards are in there as is approximately $100 in cash. Now, the question that I propose to you, my friend, is what would you do with this wallet? I know that immediately you may turn around and think,

"Well, I'd give the person their wallet back, of course!"

Think about it though. This person is nowhere to be found. The wallet could have been lost hours ago and it was just sitting there. Clearly this person didn't come back for it. There's a nice, clean, $100 sitting right there in that wallet. Even if you do return the wallet, don't you believe you deserve some sort of finder's fee? Sure, it may be a bit immoral to take some of the cash but what harm could taking one $20 bill do? I mean, at least he got most of his money and his wallet back right? Imagine if that had fallen into someone else's hands. That could have gone worse for him had you not been there to mail the man his wallet. I mean, nothing bad could really happen if you didn't put a return address on the package. He'd have no way to tell who took the money or who sent the wallet. Right?

This is the exact thought process I'm talking about with my second contention. While you may be sitting there and you may deny that you would actually follow through with this thought process, the fact of the matter is, this thought process is occurring. No matter how brief or blunt it may be, there's always just that small fraction of a thought that goes flying by saying "Hey, we could do something kinda naughty right now and we'd get away with it."

This argument falls in line with my first contention. On its own, corruption can stand as a moral injustice and it will stand as nothing positive. However, there will always be one to stand against it. When people fight against corruption, no matter how small the corruption may be, they make progress. A very current event that stands out in today's news is what's currently happening in Ukraine. As the government in Ukraine stood ready to sign and Association Agreement with the European Union, they suddenly seemed to get cold feet. [2] Through public protests and a series of riots and movements against the government, the citizens of Ukraine managed to see that their president was removed from office by the Ukrainian legislative body. In this, the Ukrainian citizens are encouraging a progressive movement within their own country to create an economically and socially stronger Ukraine of tomorrow.

I eagerly await my opponent's rebuttals.

[1] http://www.nobelprize.org...
[2] http://eeas.europa.eu...;
Vikal1234

Con

Vikal1234 forfeited this round.
codemeister13

Pro

Seeing as my opponent has forfeited his round, I suppose this means he has no rebuttals. I'd like to take this opportunity to refute his opening statement then.

"Why corruption has been started it is just because of our lackness, non fulfill of requirements of statutes, whenever somebody ask for our total income then we describe less income for avoidance of Taxes and give bribe to Income tax officer, whenever we not follow the traffic rules then we give bribe to Policemen to hide our mistake, Even sometimes our all documents are complete then we also give bribery, Do you know why because of Lack of knowledge , we don't want to give proper fees to consultant,
Whenever we think corruption then it begin from us at end upon us and we always want a true leader just like Arvind Kejriwal to fight with corruption"

Alright. I wanted to break this down into sentences but uh... this seems to be one large run-on sentence, seeing as there is no period to be found anywhere. I also, quite honestly, cannot make enough sense out of it to properly refute the arguments. I sincerely hope my opponent returns so that he may elaborate upon his arguments so I might be able to refute them.

My apologies go out to the voters for the lack of action in this round.

I suppose I extend my previous arguments, seeing as there doesn't need to be anything else that I must contribute in this round.
Vikal1234

Con

Vikal1234 forfeited this round.
codemeister13

Pro

I extend my arguments once more.
Vikal1234

Con

Vikal1234 forfeited this round.
codemeister13

Pro

codemeister13 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
Vikal1234codemeister13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited. Points to Pro.