hellywon
pinkypie671

Cosmetic Surgery

hellywon
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

hellywon

Con

THIS IS AN IMPROMPTU DEBATE.
Instead of researching for arguments, this is all based off of your own knowledge.

30 min maximum for argumentations

No sources needed. Even if I can't see whether you use the internet or not, I do expect that debate.org members shall have sense, maturity and understandable reasonings as well as not stooping so low to using internet.

Resolution: Cosmetic Surgery

Because I am against cosmetic surgery I will be proving why it is bad
My opponents will do vice versa.

Definitions:
Cosmetic Surgery: a surgical specialty dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body parts

My sides model: To ensure that cosmetic surgery is not overused, there will be restrictions and exceptions of cosmetic surgery only to those who have body and facial defects, rather than having them for their own looks.

Rules:
No FF
No trolling
No swearing

If these rules are not followed, the automatic win goes to me.

Cheers
pinkypie671

Pro

Bring it on
hellywon

Con

Note that there should be no Internet usage on this, rather your own common knowledge

C1) It is pricey

Cosmetic surgery operations range from around 100,000 dollars or more, and we see this as something that is socially unacceptable. First off, these implantation's might not even last permanently, and is a complete rip off from these celebrities or people. Secondly, we see this as something that can ruin your life. Because these surgeries are very pricey and in fact can be addicting, this can also lead to the spending of more and more money, which could lead to multiple impacts. There are chances in surgeries. It could be successful, and the money was worth. However, if the operation was botched then people would have the automatic impulse to do it again, which then you have to pay money.... Its an on going cycle that we believe poses as a harm

C2) Addiction

Cosmetic surgeries can be very addicting. A person fixes one thing, only to notice something else that could be tuned up with a quick pick, poke, prod and plunger from a syringe. This overall leads to the notion that plastic surgeries are okay. However with this addiction going on, it can harm our society and we would end up seeing plastic people. This is not what we want our society to be shaped out as.

C3)It is risky and very bad for your health

Cosmetic surgeries have many bad side effects with the chances of many complications which could even ruin your health.
Breast implants in particular can have a multitude of complications. While you may expect larger, perkier, more attractive breasts, asymmetry, deflation, or rippling can occur, worsening the appearance. And if you're seeking a quick fix for your saddlebags, liposuction likely won't remove your fat forever.

Cosmetic surgeries are overall an immoral thing. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, they should not try cosmetic surgery and see the chances/results of it being successful or a disaster
pinkypie671

Pro

Okay I concede i lost interest and I'm lazy goodbye
hellywon

Con

This debate has become pointless.

My opponents have conceded and have not met the rules posted.

For this, vote Con!
pinkypie671

Pro

pinkypie671 forfeited this round.
Posted by pinkypie671 1 year ago
pinkypie671
F**K all of you voters
Vote Placed by Sarra 1 year ago
Sarra
hellywonpinkypie671
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: ff bleh. there are some positives to cosmetic surgery - if a biker hits a pot hole and faceplants, breaking their face in the process // some babies are born with cleft pallets
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
hellywonpinkypie671
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Unbelievable.Time
hellywonpinkypie671
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro concedes.